Thursday, June 18, 2015

Romans 8:18-31; II Timothy 1:7 - "Your Love Never Fails"; "Holy Spirit You Are Welcome Here"

The Lord woke me up to a song Jesus Culture sings called "Your Love Never Fails" and I immediately went to the part that goes....

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning
And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

The part that struck me was There may be pain in the night...But joy comes in the morning. Oh my how I am ready for 'morning' to come! But then the Lord checked me. I can't rush things. I have to wait on His time. I have to remember that He has a purpose for this storm and an intended outcome. It is no wonder this line gets repeated in the song...

You make all things work together for my good

I think of Romans 8:28 which tells us, And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Amen! The verses prior to this are entitled "Present Suffering and Future Glory." Specifically verse eighteen reads, I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. I don't know that Paul was talking about physical suffering here but I do know whatever I go through on this earth will be worth it in the end when He is glorified through it! Woo hoo! Matthew Henry writes about Romans 8:26-27...

Though the infirmities of Christians are many and great, so that they would be overpowered if left to themselves, yet the Holy Spirit supports them. The Spirit, as an enlightening Spirit, teaches us what to pray for; as a sanctifying Spirit, works and stirs up praying graces; as a comforting Spirit, silences our fears, and helps us over all discouragements. The Holy Spirit is the spring of all desires toward God, which are often more than words can utter. The Spirit who searches the hearts, can perceive the mind and will of the spirit, the renewed mind, and advocates his cause. The Spirit makes intercession to God, and the enemy prevails not.
What a blessing to know the Holy Spirit is with me. I must remember He is greater than the sound of the MRI's this morning...He is greater than the pain of laying still...He is greater than this MS...He is greater! Verse thirty-one will be my mantra today...If God is for us, who can be against us? Amen! I will remember the words of Matthew Henry, While God is for us, and we keep in his love, we may with holy boldness defy all the powers of darkness. The enemy is trying to put fear in me that my body won't cooperate with two hours of MRI's. He is trying to put fear in me of what the results will be. He is trying to make me think about the 'what-ifs' of life. He is trying to cause my faith and trust to falter. Get behind me satan! I rebuke the spirit of fear. I rebuke any thoughts you are trying to tear me down with. God is with me and He will not leave me. He is my strength! Woo hoo!

There's nothing worth more that will ever come close
No thing can compare, You're our living hope
Your presence, Lord

I've tasted and seen of the sweetest of loves
Where my heart becomes free and my shame is undone
Your presence, Lord

Holy Spirit, You are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence, Lord

I've tasted and seen, of the sweetest of loves
Where my heart becomes free, and my shame is undone
By Your presence, Lord

Let us become more aware of Your presence
Let us experience the glory of Your goodness

The tears that are flowing are freeing ones. They are ones that confirm His love for me. They are ones that know His presence will over take that room this morning and be so great to me. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt I will be more aware of His presence and will experience the glory of His goodness. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me up early to have this time to be reassured of Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for speaking to me not just through one song this morning but through two. Thank You for empowering me to stand up against the enemy who was trying to make me fearful. Your word tells me in II Timothy 1:7 that You didn't give me a spirit of fear but instead give me a spirit of power, love and self-control. Power. Power. Thank You for empowering me over the spirit of fear. Thank You for loving me so much that Your love oozes out of me. Thank You Lord for being all that I need. Lord, I don't need to pray again for this morning...You already have everything taken care of. Whatever happens is in Your hands. Whatever the outcome is in Your hands. Fill me to overflowing so people will see You in me. Use me today and give me opportunities to be You to others. I pray for Doc today to have the same reassurance I have as he deals with pain from surgery and other health issues. I pray for his peace to be Your peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerer! Amen.


No comments: