Monday, June 8, 2015

Isaiah 28:23-26 - "Show Love"

Yesterday was a tough day physically. I knew when I first got up with the feeling of "I can't 'do' this day" it was going to be a tough one. Many would have crawled back in bed and not went to church. But the Lord encouraged me to go. If I would have not listened to Him, I would have missed a huge blessing. As I was waiting to take communion during praise and worship time one asked if they could pray with me. (I never turn down prayer!) As she prayed my legs tingled. She prayed for a healing in my entire body, from head to toe. But the Holy Spirit concentrated on my legs. Woo hoo! I wish I could remember all she said but I do remember the word "plow"...something about how while I waited on the restoration of my legs that I would "plow" through and not give up. She prayed for me to continue to be used by the Lord. Did I receive a miraculous healing at that moment with the restoration of my legs? No but I received conformation that He will restore my legs. The rest of the day I still struggled physically but in my spirit I was feeling so blessed. 

Today is a new day and I pray for the Lord to lead me throughout this day to "plow" through the physical issues. I pray as He does this I will be stronger in my spiritual being. He has a purpose for this time with the MS flair-up. Sometimes I wish I knew what that purpose is but it really doesn't matter as long as it is accomplished. In Isaiah 28:23-26 it reads,

23 
23 Listen and hear my voice; pay attention and hear what I say.
24 When a farmer plows for planting, does he plow continually?
    Does he keep on breaking up and working the soil?
25 When he has leveled the surface, does he not sow caraway and scatter cumin?
Does he not plant wheat in its place, barley in its plot, and spelt in its field?
26 His God instructs him and teaches him the right way.


It is key for me to continue to hear His voice. The only way for that to happen is to stay in His presence. I cannot allow the enemy any foothold to creep in and use this flair-up for his purpose instead of God using it for His purpose. Yesterday in the teen Sunday School class we talked about hearing God's voice. I pray they are able to get into a place in their relationship with the Lord where they do hear His voice. There is no better place to live. 

The words to the song "Show Love" were on my mind when I woke up this morning....

You won't give up on me
I know You won't give up on me
It's plain to see that
We are one big family
And when I'm on my own 
I'm out my comfort zone
My comfort zone

CHORUS
I feel like it's my destiny
To show the world Your love
You always see the best in me
So I'll give You all my love

Yes! I do "...feel like it's my destiny...To show the world..." the Lord's love. He will give me what I need in order to accomplish what He so desires of me. Even though I am going through this 'down time' in my physical body it doesn't mean I still can't be Jesus to others. I can't just get in the truck and go when I get a phone call but I can still be praying and sharing His love with people. Yesterday as my legs tingled during the time she was praying over me was an affirmation that He has not given up on me. There will be a time of restoration in my legs. I believe it and I am claiming it. I will plow through this time, I will plant seeds and I will listen to the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for using a visitor to speak through yesterday to affirm in me all that You want to bless me with. Father, You are so mighty and so wonderful! Fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so I can be what You desire of me. Lord, I do continue to pray for a physical healing yet I know it has to be in Your time. I pray You will use this time exactly how You want to use it so You will be glorified. Close any doors the enemy tries to get in through in my life. I pray for Your strength to be my strength. Bless my efforts in a mighty way, Lord. I don't know who You will put before me today but I pray for Your words to flow from me when I speak. Lord, I am praying for some who are going through some tough days in their lives. I pray they will seek more of You in order for them to hear Your voice. Thank You Jesus for being My Destiny. Amen.


No comments: