Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Psalm 46:10a - "Come As You Are"


This morning I had the opportunity to be back "home" so to speak. Unfortunately, not in an official capacity but with Doc as he had surgery. Within fifteen minutes of going in the door of the hospital I found myself saying, "Let me pray with you" with an employee who was enduring physical pain. When they took Doc back to get him ready, I was sitting there and started praising the Lord for the peace He gives me when I am at the hospital. I also praised Him for giving me the opportunity to pray with one. As I reflect back on this morning, I praise Him for the call He has put upon my life in the area of Medical Chaplain. As of today I don't know if or when I will be able to assume that role in the same capacity as I did. But I do know He has called me for this particular task and He will supply my needs to carry out that call. 

He supplied what Noah needed to be obedient to Him. The task put before him to build an ark took 100 years (Genesis 6:9-7:5). I wonder how many times Noah began to question the call upon his life...

He supplied what Moses needed to lead the people out of Egypt (Exodus 2:23-4:15). It was through Moses' obedience that the people of Israel were delivered. I wonder how many times Moses began to question the call upon his life...

He supplied what David needed to defeat Goliath (I Samuel 17:32). Was David afraid? I am sure he was but the Lord gave him exactly what He needed to have victory over evil. I wonder how many times David began to question the call upon his life...

It's ok to question God as long as we continue to trust Him and put our faith in Him. What does that mean when you are pursuing His call upon Your life and your world gets turned upside down? What does that mean when You are trusting Him as He commands you to go deeper with Him and seek the meaning of what that means? It means your spiritual strength is heightened to a whole new level. It means the faith you once had and thought was "good" becomes even greater. It means the trust you have in the Lord takes on a whole new meaning.

I was pondering on this MS flair-up the other day and asked God, "Why now?" As a human being I have my own ideas but He has revealed something pretty neat in answering that question...

"Daughter, seven is the number of perfection. It has been seven years since you have dealt with this major of an exasperation. Seven years. Seven years. It is at this time You will be renewed and refreshed to carry out the call I have placed upon Your life. Do not fret. Do not worry. Be still and know that I am God. Be still and know that I am God. Know I am in control. Know I am preparing You for the next step. Have faith and trust in Me. Seven years, daughter. I have blessed you for seven years. Now I need you to bless me with your continued obedience and trust. I love you, Daughter and am so proud of you."

Wow...thank You Jesus for these words! Seven years has been wonderful! I was reading about the meaning of seven in the Bible and read that seven is the number of completeness and perfection both physically and spiritually. Now that is exciting to think about! When the Lord repeats Himself, we know it is something to adhere to. He said twice, "Be still and know that I am God." It is not easy for me to be still but if that is what He desires for me to do I will do it. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for speaking to me. Thank You for blessing me. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray with one today. Lord, You are so awesome in all the ways You show Your love to me. Father, You created me and You know me. Therefore, You know how hard it is for me to 'be still' but I will do just that. I want to be a blessing to You. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so I can be a beacon of light for You. Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness. Amen.

No comments: