Thursday, June 4, 2015

Various Scriptures - "It Is Well"



Peace...peace...peace...so many people have such great chaos going on in their lives and need peace. The chaos is for a variety of reasons. Job situations, health issues in themselves or in family members, changes in their family...the list goes on and on. This week I had the opportunity to prayer for several that need peace and my heart breaks for them. I can share scriptures, I can give hugs, I can give them what the Lord gives me to share with them yet I feel inadequate in all of this. The ones I've prayed with this week all know what I've already said. They know the Lord. They ask Him for help. Yet they still struggle for a lack of peace in their lives. 

I remember when I would fret over things in a mighty way. Right now, with my current situation, I am grateful for the peace I have. I saw this picture yesterday and it made me stop and think about how the Lord's peace is my peace in this battle with MS. I don't know if I will ever walk on my own again but I do know the Lord will give me the strength for whatever is ahead. I had someone ask me the other day what sense I was getting with this issue when I prayed about it. It hit me that I actually haven't even asked the Lord about the future. Is that bad? Should I be asking Him what the future holds? I do ask for a healing. Perhaps that's why I haven't asked for what is ahead because I know He is in control and whatever is ahead is OK. After my friend asked, I started thinking about it. When I pray for people, many times the Lord will give me a word to share with them or He will give me a sense of the outcome of their issue. What He is giving me with my situation is peace. Peace that He is in control. Peace that whatever lies ahead is OK with me. I'm not sure that others in my life would be OK with it but I am. 



Once again I think of the church sign that says...


No God, no peace
Know God, know peace

It takes going deeper in our faith and allowing God full control before we will have the peace He desires for us. Yes, we can know Him but if don't truly know Him we can't fully experience His peace. I know of some believers who say, "I am sold out to God. I don't understand why this chaos is causing me so much stress." The answer is found in the fact they truly don't allow God to be their Peace. There are many reasons for this...
  • they are holding onto controlling their situation
  • they allow the enemy to pull them down
  • fear of what it will mean if they give the Lord total control over their life
  • denial that they are right with the Lord when really there is something between them and Him
My heart breaks for people who don't know His peace to the fullest extent possible. I am blessed with going deeper which give me His peace. My faith in knowing the Lord has everything under control is what gets me through these days of using a walker. I've been where these ones are with needing His peace and it's not much fun. But where I am now is a blessing.


He knows my name - Isaiah 43:1
He sees my every move - Psalm 139:7
He thinks about me - Psalm 139:17
He is with me - Joshua 1:9        
He will fight for me - Exodus 14:14          
He made me in His image - Genesis 1:27          
He is my safe place - Psalm 62:6-8         
He has a plan for me - Jeremiah 29:11          
He is good - Psalm 119:68          
He is freedom - 2 Corinthians 3:17          
He is always with me - Matthew 28:20

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your peace. Thank you for taking me deeper a few months ago so I would be ready for this flair-up. Thank You for guiding my words when I pray with/for people. Thank You for filling me with more of You and less of me so You will ooze out of me. Lord, I don't know if I will leave this house today but no matter if I do or don't, use me as a vessel for peace in others. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.


No comments: