Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Psalm 13 - "Good, Good Father"

This morning God woke me to pray for several who find themselves in a deep, dark valley of life. Some are there due to disease in their body or a loved one. Some are there because of broken relationships. Some are there because of great financial strain. My prayer list grows daily and has so many different circumstances represented. I also have many on my list who do not have a personal relationship with God. I continue to pray for their eyes to be opened to Him. I pray their hearts would receive Him before they leave this earth. I am so grateful for the upbringing I had where trusting God was a common activity. I am thankful for the way my parents showed great faith when they found themselves in the deep, dark valleys of life with my sister's murder, both of them having multiple health issues including my Daddy's cancer, my Momma watching him pass after sixty-six plus years of marriage, etc. I am thankful for the way God has always been with me through all the deep, dark valleys of my life. God is so, so good. This morning as I read Psalm 13 I thought about many of the things David lived through yet he still wrote of turning his life around. This particular Psalm is entitled "Prayer Turns Depression into Delight" in The Passion Translation. It starts with depression as David laments and ends with asking God to intercede in his life. That is what we need to do when we feel overwhelmed. We need to not only pray but we need to allow God to work in and through us. He is the Only One who can change our circumstances. Yes, we can change them but it takes His empowerment to do so. It takes allowing Him free reign in our life to knock the enemy down. As I walked at the waterfront yesterday and the sun was shining down on me I felt the warmth of not only the sun but the Son. He spoke to me about some things going on in my life and encouraged me. I love experiencing Him but I especially enjoy doing so out in nature. This morning I am reminded He is such a "Good, Good Father" and feeling very blessed. I don't know what the day ahead holds but He does and that is all that matters. I know what is on the calendar but I pray if He has something else in store for me I will be ready.

You're a good, good FatherIt's who You are, it's who You are, it's who You areAnd I'm loved by YouIt's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for blessing me through so many people! Kendra and her friends, Debbie, Amy and Nick, Clay and Jo Ann, and so many others. It was a very full but very blessed day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May I be more intentional in sharing Your love. I pray for many who find themselves in the deep, dark valleys of life to experience You. I pray Your peace over them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for my friend Rosemary who is hospitalized and waiting tests to feel Your peace. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen.

No comments: