Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Psalm 18 - "See A Victory"

Last night's sunset was so beautiful. It blessed me in abundance. It reminded me of just how awesome God is as the Creator of the universe. This picture with the rocks remind me of Psalm 18 that begins with The Lord is my rock... A rock is a foundation. Therefore, we have His strength when we allow Him to be our foundation. David is the perfect example of living in God's strength. He went through so many devastating things in life only to have victory. His enemies tried to ruin him but God had other plans. God led him from victory to victory. Verse thirty reads, As for God, His way is perfect... David knew no matter what come before him or how often he felt like the world was against him God was always there. The remainder of Psalm 18 is a testimony of David's victory with the enemy being struck down over and over again. At the end of the Psalm David praises God for being the Victor not himself. He knew the victory belonged to God. He knew God was the one responsible for all that happened. It all began in verse one with I love You, Lord, my strength. When we love God in this manner and build upon Him as our foundation, we too will have victory over the enemy. I am reminded this morning of the song "See A Victory" and feeling very hopeful with some situations I am experiencing.

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to You, Lord

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beautiful weather with bright sunshine yesterday and for the beauty of Your creation with last night's sunset! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray wisdom for those caring for Marion. I pray Your peace over her and many others going through difficult days. May all allow You to be their foundation. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Foundation! Amen.

No comments: