Thursday, February 9, 2023

Isaiah 7 - "Stand In Faith"

Yesterday was filled with blessings from start to finish. I started the day with getting on the scales to find two more pounds forever gone which leaves only one left to lose to my goal. My morning got even better with walking and talking with my friend Steven. Another blessing in my day was having friends over for lunch before heading to the church. God knew what I needed when the young pest control man asked where the regular lady was and I said, ‘it’s me’ and he went on and on how much I had changed in three months. He spoke words of affirmation over me and told me he knew good things were ahead for me as a pastor. Woo hoo! The blessings continued when Amy and Nick brought me roses which smell heavenly. It was so much fun to have dinner with them before Bible study. God is so good to shower me with great people in my life. He loves me so much and shows that love through others. I am grateful for the opportunity to love on others by listening when they need someone to share their life with. I also am grateful for the wisdom God gives me to pass onto people. I love the term 'win-win' and feel like when we live with this mindset we will receive more of what God desires for us. When we love unconditionally, we will receive the same kind of love. When we forgive and forget, we will realize the life God has for us. When we seek more of Him, we will receive more of Him. Even though yesterday was full of blessings there were still trying situations throughout the day. Hurt still happens when you follow God but you learn how to deal with such hurt. People still say or do things to try to bring you down but as long as you keep your focus on God life will be 'ok' no matter what is happening. A friend asked me yesterday how I was doing. I had a choice in how I would answer that question. I could look at the negatives in my life and complain or I could look at the positives and speak life. I know I do not always choose the right response but I strive to be positive. I strive to speak life not only over others but also over myself. The desire of my heart is to live as God desires of me. I must stand on His Word that tells me to trust Him in Proverbs 3:5-6. I must stand on the promise of Philippians 4:13 in His strength. I must stand strong when the enemy comes knocking at my door in God's love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells me. Last night's Bible study was on the seventh chapter of Isaiah. It talked about how God would take care of our enemies as we allow Him. God gave the secret to victory over our enemies in the last part of verse nine. It takes great faith in Him and relying on Him with every aspect of our life. I am reminded this morning of a song Danny Gokey sings called "Stand In Faith" and feeling determined to do so more intentionally in the day ahead.

I will stand in faith (eyes on You)
Walk by faith (for my breakthrough)
Live by faith (before You move)
Oh, I believe, I believe, I believe
Stand in faith (eyes on You)
See by faith (for my breakthrough)
Receive by faith (before You move)
Oh, I believe, I believe, I believe

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the many people You put in my path yesterday and all of the ways they blessed me! Thank You for giving me the opportunity to speak life over many and for those who spoke life over me! Thank You for the day ahead and for the many blessings I know I will receive! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for many going through difficult days to have people speak life over them. I pray their faith will go deeper as they trust You with their circumstances. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Faith Builder! Amen.

No comments: