Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Psalm 113:1-3 - "Praise You In This Storm"

Yesterday as I enjoyed the sunshine the clouds were also present. It was mostly bright sunshine yet at times the clouds took the brightness away. As I laid there reading I thought about how life is that way. Things can be going along smoothly and then something happens. I have been praying for a friend and her husband with his health issues. Last week was encouraging with good test results and now this week is another challenge for them. My heart breaks for them yet I know we have to go through challenging time to take our faith deeper. It is in the 'trying' times that we realize God in a deeper way. I felt its warmth as the sun came down upon me yesterday. That warmth became less when the clouds passed over. God's love is not like that. His love is constant no matter what circumstances we find ourselves. It does not diminish when we sin or don't pursue an opportunity He gives us. I believe His love grows stronger for us every day. Last night as I watched the sunset I thought about how I enjoyed the brightness of the sun during the day and then its beauty as it set. God's nature is not only beautiful but is also provides great insight. His nature prompts us to think more about Him and gives Him the opportunity to speak to us in unique ways. I am so blessed by His nature and try to be in it as much as possible. Sometimes I enjoy it with others and sometimes like yesterday I was alone. Sometimes He speaks to me when others are around and other times He puts me alone so I can be focused on Him. We all need to have balance in our life with work and play, being with others and being alone, etc. No matter what though we need to praise God through every aspect of life. We need to praise Him when we feel the warmth of the sun and we need to praise Him when the clouds are overcast. We need to praise Him in the full sunshine and we need to praise Him in the storms of life. I am reminded this morning of a song Casting Crowns sings called "Praise You In This Storm"...

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

I have lived through many storms in life and the thing I can say about all of them is they diminish. Some (such as widowhood) don't go away but they get easier to live through. Some storms in life are violent while others are not. Some seem to last forever and go from one hard hit to another. Praise God for Him being with us no matter how the track of the storm goes.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beauty of Your creation and the way You speak to me through it! Thank You for the beautiful sunshine yesterday with the temps in the eighties and the beautiful sunset last night I enjoyed! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for many going through storms in life to feel Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary who is hospitalized. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Storm Calmer! Amen.

No comments: