Saturday, February 18, 2023

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:7 - "Peacespeaker"


Yesterday evening when I finished Sunday's sermon there was a part that talked about having God's peace in our life. Paul wrote in Philippians 4:7, The peace of God which passes all understanding shall guard your hearts and minds. Jesus told us in John 14, Peace I give to you. God gives peace in the midst of the storms of life. He gives peace when things shake our world. This morning at 1:30 I had an experience where I knew I needed God's peace in order to go back to sleep. Afterward I put on Facebook asking for prayers for calmness and people responded. Pastor Jason sent me a private message with the words to the song "Peacespeaker" and reminded me he and others were praying for me. I was able to go back to sleep and each time I woke back up thought of these words....

I know the Peacespeaker
I know Him by name
I know the Peacespeaker
He controls the winds and waves
When He says, "Peace, be still"
They have to obey
I'm glad I know the Peacespeaker
Yes, I know Him by name

Praise God for the knowledge of God's peace being there for me at all time. I am so grateful when the storms of life happen He is there to calm the waves. Sometimes it feels like I will overturn but then the waves calm down. The tossing and turning of storms can be overwhelming at times but I cannot allow the enemy to win. One time I woke back up God gave me II Timothy 1:7 to concentrate on and I went back to sleep. It doesn't matter what storm we face He will empower us through it as we allow Him to do. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with Doug with a successful surgery! Thank You for continuing to be with Tyler and Katelyn! Thank You for providing peace in the storms of life as Pastor Jason reminded me during the night! I pray for many to receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for traveling mercies in the day ahead. Thank You for being My Peacespeaker! Amen.

No comments: