Friday, February 10, 2023

Isaiah 41:10 - "Step By Step"

I was thinking yesterday about how much it means to have friends in my life. Starting my day off with conversation and hugs with Billy and Sierra is always a treat. Spending time with Terri and planning church activities was so much fun. Pushing Marion in the wheelchair for walks outside in the beautiful weather was another blessing in the day. Having dinner with Debbie to get caught up after her being away blessed me in abundance. Throughout the day I had texts and calls from friends checking on me which reminds me of God's love. In the midst of all that happened yesterday I stopped and walked behind the cancer center. It was a bittersweet time with memories flooding over me of the times I walked while Doc was in treatment. In the beginning I was allowed in with him but with COVID hit then he had to be alone. That made me so sad. I did not like him being alone yet I knew he truly wasn't because God was with him. God reminded me yesterday as I walked that I am not alone. He is with me every step of every day. He never leaves me even though there are many times I feel so alone. I am reminded of the words of the Lord in Isaiah 41:10 and feeling blessed. God wants to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking at my door to discourage me. He wants me to lean into His strength at all time. He desires to see me receive victory over every challenge in life. The way for me to fulfill His desires is to trust Him and walk in obedience to His ways. I love when God shows Himself to me in nature. Yesterday as I started walking I saw these three flowers blooming. There wasn't just two of them nor was there a bunch on this particular bush. There were three. They represent the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit to me. Every time I see something in threes I am reminded God is all three of these in my life. He loves me as my Daddy, He is my friend as my Brother, and He empowers me to be who He desires of me as the Holy Spirit. When I make anniversary cards, I always put three hearts on them to represent the three attributes of God. When I decorate, I strive to use things in threes to put Him in my home. Seeing these three yesterday cemented in my mind that He is with me every step of every day. I asked Clay if we can sing "Step By Step" this week as it has been on my heart. Yesterday was just another way God has confirmed the sermon for Sunday. Woo hoo!

I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to
Walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all You put in my path yesterday...Billy, Sierra, Terri, Marion, and Debbie! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the reminders that I am never alone! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray for Janis and her family as they go through these days with her mother's homecoming and for Steven with his sister's funeral today. It is a bittersweet time when a loved one leaves this earth. I pray for others going through difficult times to lean into Your strength. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Step Maker! Amen.

No comments: