Friday, February 17, 2023

Psalm 145:18 - "Goodness of God"

Some days are tougher than others. There are some days you look around and ask God 'Why?' Being in a hospital setting makes you think such things. Seeing people suffer brings sadness to my heart. I am thankful for those who have the hope of Christ for eternal life with Him but I am sad for those who don't have such hope. I am thankful for those who have support from family and friends but sad for those who are alone. I am thankful for medical personnel who use their expertise to help people but sad for those who live in areas of the world without such people available. There is so much to be thankful for in life. No matter if we find ourselves on a mountaintop or in a deep, dark valley there is always something to be thankful for. Sometimes it is hard to find such things but it is there. Today I am thankful for another day of life and for the privilege to be able to support a family in a hard place. I am thankful for the opportunity to pray with them last night and to pray for them when I was awake during the night. God is so good to give me such opportunities. As I think on today I do not know what the day holds but I know who does and that is all that matters. I'm not sure if I will travel home today or tomorrow but I know whichever day it is God will be with me every mile. The knowledge of Him being in my life is priceless. Yesterday I found myself in an elevator at the hospital by myself. I started singing "Goodness of God" and felt His presence come down upon me. What a blessing He is to me!

And all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the opportunity to be with Katelyn and her family! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many who are finding themselves in the deep, dark valleys of life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.



No comments: