Monday, February 13, 2023

Joshua 3 - "Walk On The Water"

I pray yesterday's sermon about Joshua and the people crossing the Jordan River was one that made others think as it did me. I pray people will step out ini faith as we were challenged to do. The challenge from yesterday was: Ask God to empower you to step out in faith as you ‘cross the swollen rivers’ of life. Ask Him to show you the improbable becoming do-able, the impractical becoming possible, and the impossible becoming reality. We all are faced with 'swollen rivers' in life. It takes a leap of faith to step out into them when the Lord directs us to do so. It takes trusting Him when what He gives us to do doesn't make sense. It takes following Him in faith and obedience and expecting the miraculous if we truly want to see Him at work in our life. When we live in this manner, we will see God's empowerment over every aspect of life. We will see miracles happen when we step out in faith that are beyond our imagination. He has the power to do anything. Sometimes we limit Him by our thoughts, actions, words, and attitude. That is why it is so important to pray every morning asking Him to cleanse us so He can fill us. Then, and only them, will we be empowered to experience the best life He has for us. We cannot manipulate things in life to be as we desire but instead need to allow Him to work in and through us to accomplish the desires of His heart. This morning I am pondering upon what 'swollen rivers' I am facing. I know of some personally and I also know of some in my church life. How do I cross them? It's actually very simple. All I have to do is trust God and allow Him to take me through them in His time. Many times we get caught up in wanting things to happen in our time when it isn't what He desires. It is hard to wait on His time but when we do we are blessed in abundance. I am reminded this morning of the song "Walk On The Water" that Britt Nicole sings. When He calls us out to 'cross the swollen rivers' of life, that is exactly what we are capable of doing as we allow Him to be in control. When we do this, we will see the improbable becoming do-able, the impractical becoming possible, and the impossible becoming reality. Woo hoo!

When you take that first step
Into the unknown
You know that He won't let you go
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities, they try to alter you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes in you
You can walk on the water too

Dear Jesus, Thank You for yesterday's sermon that spoke volumes to me! Thank You for Andy praying with me at the altar! I am so grateful for the way my church family love me so well. You bless me in abundance with them. Thank You for the work Jeff, Tim, Mike, and Chris did at the church over the weekend! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, open my heart and mind up to allowing You to see me cross the 'swollen rivers' of life. My heart broke over one phone conversation I had yesterday. I feel so helpless with the situation but I know I have hope when I allow You to be in control of it. I pray for many going through challenging times to allow You to work in and through them in Your time. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: