Monday, February 20, 2023

I Peter 4 - "Goodness of God"


Today is a new day. I have the choice to make on how I spend it. I can either do as I want or I can seek what God wants of me. I have several things on the schedule but I must be open if He changes that schedule. If He chooses to put a roadblock before something or add something to the schedule, I need to walk in obedience to what He desires. God took me to I Peter 4 this morning. This chapter talks about living as God desires in His love, mercy, and grace. We do not have to live as the world even though we live in the world. We can lean into God's strength to stand up against the tactics of the enemy. When life gets hard, we do not have to allow our circumstances to dictate the outcome. Instead we can stand in His empowerment and rejoice. Verses twelve and thirteen read in The Passion TranslationBeloved friends, if life gets extremely difficult, with many tests,  don’t be bewildered as though something strange were overwhelming you. Instead, continue to rejoice, for you, in a measure, have shared in the sufferings of the Anointed One so that you can share in the revelation of his glory and celebrate with even greater gladness. Peter was known to be outspoken and assertive. He was not afraid to tell people about Jesus no matter what the outcome. He encouraged all through his writing to love with God's love so more people would experience it. We can all learn from Peter. Verses seven through nine of this chapter are ones that we all need reminded of daily. Since we are approaching the end of all things, be intentional, purposeful, and self-controlled so that you can be given to prayer. Above all, constantly echo God’s intense love for one another, for love will be a canopy over a multitude of sins. Be compassionate to foreigners  without complaining. Loving God and sharing His love with others needs to be a key aspect of our life. I am reminded of the words to "Goodness of God" that we sang at church yesterday and feeling very blessed...

I love You, Lord

For Your mercy never failed me

All my days, I've been held in Your hands

From the moment that I wake up

Until I lay my head

Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

And all my life You have been faithful

And all my life You have been so, so good

With every breath that I am able

Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God


Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that You shower down over me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for my friend Rosemary who is hospitalized and waiting tests to feel Your peace. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.



No comments: