Sunday, February 19, 2023

Exodus 14:14 - "For God Is With Us"


Yesterday was a long day after the short night before but it was full of blessings. Before leaving Virginia I had the privilege to pray with Katelyn again. Ashley and I had good conversation during the seven plus hour drive home along with safe travels. I was blessed with some time with Brent and Sherry who are in town for a couple days before I headed home and relaxed. Throughout the evening I was blessed with people checking on me which makes me realize just how much God loves me. Blessings were a part of my day from start to finish. This morning when I woke after sleeping nine hours I felt refreshed and ready for the day ahead. I love Sundays when I get the privilege to preach what God has given me and be with my church family. I prayed before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for all pastors to feel blessed for the day ahead. I prayed for those struggling to feel His empowerment and for those making big announcements today to feel His strength. May we all remember God is always with us. He is there on the mountaintop and He is there in the valleys of life. My prayer list continues to grow daily for many hurting. It includes physical, mental, emotional, financial, relational, and spiritual needs. My heart breaks for many but especially those who do not have a personal relationship with God. It breaks for those who pretend to be in relationship with Him. I am reminded this morning of a song For King & Country sings called "For God Is With Us" and feeling blessed. I was reading why they wrote the song and feeling so blessed. 

We started writing this song from the perspective of a baby boy, and then into adulthood and the great sacrifice of Jesus and then how it impacted humanity. And somewhere along the way, we looked back and Luke and I called one another and said, 'Hey, maybe this is not just devoted to Christmas. Maybe this is a thought, an idea, that could carry with us through the whole year - through Christmas, and Easter, and beyond. Maybe this is a good reminder after so much loss, and so many questions about where God is in the midst of a pandemic, and where God is in the midst of racism or political division. It's kind of an offering and a celebration of the fact that we still believe that both religion and science points to this reality and it's continually pointing back to this reality that there is a creator, that there is creative design, and that it's not just an abstract thought, but God is actually amongst us and with us and that this earth has been endowed with life and beauty that comes from God.' We hope that it meets you where you are right now, into Christmas, and beyond.

There is a part of the song that goes: Can you feel your heart begin to race? Can you see the tide begin to change? With all of our futures rearranged The world will never be the same... Today is a new day. How we choose to go throughout the day is up to us. God gives us freewill to make our own decisions. He desires us to walk in obedience to Him but because of giving us freewill He knows in our humanness that may not happen. I am so grateful for His love, mercy, and grace that He showers down upon me every day. When I mess up, He is there to love on me. When I miss an opportunity He puts before me, He is there to give me other ones. When I feel like I can't continue on in life, He is there to carry me through the tough days. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with safe travels, time with Katelyn, Brent, Sherry, and Ashley! Thank You for a good night's rest and for the day ahead! I pray for all pastors who will be delivering the message You have given them to feel Your empowerment. May You be so real to all of us. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray rich blessings upon many going through valleys in life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for my friend Rosemary who is hospitalized and waiting tests to feel Your peace. Thank You for being My Constant Companion! Amen.

No comments: