Saturday, February 11, 2023

Joshua 23:9-11 - "Resurrection Power"

Yesterday as I watched this bird taking off and then returning multiple times I thought about life with God. Many times we find ourselves 'taking off' away from Him to do our own thing. Hopefully we do just as the bird was doing and return to Him. Nothing we do or say surprises God because He knows all. He is blessed when we walk in obedience to Him and He is not when we don't. Does God have emotions? Does He hurt when we fall short of what He desires of us? Does He get mad? I know in John 1:14 we read about Jesus taking on the human form. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We are made in His image (Genesis 1) so that would mean He would have emotions too. The difference is He is without sin so His emotions are always appropriate compared to ours. He showed compassion In II Peter 3:9. He showed sadness in Luke 19:41-45. He showed tenderness in Matthew 10:25. He showed anger in Mark 3:4-5. He showed love in John 3:16. I truly believe God has emotions but they are not experienced in the same sense as humans. As I watched the bird I thought about how God created many living creatures yet they all have difference attributes. We, as humans, have different attributes. None of us are alike, not even twins are completely alike. We all have different ways to express our emotions. Some will choose joy when life is tough and others will choose to wallow in misery. Some will cry with emotions while others will never shed a tear. Yesterday the geese were so loud and it made me think about people. Some easily speak up while others are timid. Some will allow others to speak for them while others will stand up for themselves. I love being out in nature and I really enjoy it when God gets my mind to thinking. As I was trimming a bush yesterday that had a lot of dead branches  I found some beautiful flowers blooming. In the midst of deadness there was life. That is exactly how life can be for us. We can have some areas that need brought back to life so we can shine brightly for God. We can have some things we need to get rid of to make more room for Him. This weather lately has been wonderful with having temps in the seventies and pure sunshine. Today's rain is not what I would like to have but I know it is needed in order for God's creation to grow. We, as humans, need the Holy Spirit to rain down upon us so we can grow. I am reminded this morning of the song "Resurrection Power" that Chris Tomlin sings and feeling blessed to know there is freedom in a life with Christ. There is freedom in knowing He created us with emotions and is not surprised by the way they come out of us.

Now I have resurrection power
Living on the inside
Jesus, You have given us freedom
No longer bound by sin and darkness
Living in the light of Your goodness
You have given us freedom

Dear Jesus, Thank You for using creation to speak to me! Thank You for Your Word and music to open my eyes! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Father, heal the hurts of my heart. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for many on an emotional roller coaster to allow You to be their Empowerment. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: