Saturday, February 25, 2023

Psalm 39 - "Worn"


God is so amazing! This morning He woke me with the song "Worn" and directed me to read Psalm 39. David wrote this song about how fragile life is and how the only hope we have is by living a life with Christ. Life is not perfect when one believes in Christ but it sure is easier to handle. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

Afflictions are sent to stir up prayer. If they have that effect, we may hope that God will hear our prayer. The believer expects weariness and ill treatment on his way to heaven; but he shall not stay here long : walking with God by faith, he goes forward on his journey, not diverted from his course, nor cast down by the difficulties he meets. 

Life's circumstances can be hard. Our emotions can put roadblocks before us that cause us great grief. People can cause great grief in life. We can cause great grief by not following God. Life can be tough but praise God we don't have to stay in the 'junk' of life but rather can lean into God's strength to not just get through it but to glorify Him in the process. The words to this song are ones everyone can relate to from time to time. My prayer list is full of people dealing with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual needs. We all have needs and must lean into God for His strength, wisdom, clarity, etc. He has all the answers and for that I am most grateful. His love covers all hurts of life. He is the balm that soothes our soul as we allow Him. The key is surrendering all of our life to Him so He has free reign to be everything we need.

I’m Tired I’m worn
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes
To keep on breathing
I’ve made mistakes
I’ve let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world
And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left
Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart
That’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
Cause I’m worn

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray people will come out for the work day at the church today and much will be accomplished. I pray not only for physical work to be done but for us to enjoy being together as we work side-by-side. I also pray for many who are feeling "Worn" to receive Your rest. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary who is hospitalized. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.



No comments: