Monday, February 27, 2023

I Samuel 18:1-3 - "Thank You For Giving To The Lord"

Sometimes I wonder what life would be life as a different one of God's creatures. Sometimes being a human is tiring. Sometimes life becomes overwhelming. Sometimes. But then there are the times when God puts people in my path that encourage me greatly. People who love on me in a way that makes me know beyond a shadow of a doubt I am not alone in this world. He also uses nature to speak to me. When I saw these two in the pond yesterday my first thought was 'awwww....they have a friend...' Sounds silly to think but friends are an important part of my life. Friends listen to me when I need to talk things out. They give me hugs when my emotional tank is feeling empty. They share their wisdom with financial decisions that need made. They give of their time to help me with things that need done. They pray for me. They provide great conversation filled with laughter and sometimes tears. Sometimes friends feel closer than family. I am so grateful for the people God has put in my life to be my friends. I am grateful for 'old' friends and for 'new' ones. I was reading in I Samuel of how David and Jonathan quickly became friends when they met. Their friendship grew into a deep, committed relationship because they both knew God's love. When you know God's love, you are able to love in a different way. I want to be the best friend I can be to everyone. I know there are times I get distracted and not fully engaged in conversations and need to get better at that. I also know there are times I miss opportunities to love on people with God's love and I need to get better at that. This morning I am reminded of a song Ray Boltz sings called "Thank You For Giving To The Lord" and reminded of how much impact we have on people. That impact can be a positive or a negative. I know I desire to have positive impacts on people. I pray people can honestly say these words about my friendship with them...

Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am so glad you gave.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the love poured out on me by my church family! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for Your direction on how to be a better friend. I also pray for people going through 'tough' days to have friends surrounding them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. I pray healing over little Weston who is in ICU and strength for his parents. Lord, be so close to Pastor John with the death of his father. Thank You for being My Friend Provider! Amen.

No comments: