Friday, February 24, 2023

Exodus 14:14; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Still"

Sometimes we; see someone going through something in life or go through something ourselves and ask God 'Why?' Some things do not make sense such as a child being abused. God does not cause such things to happen but why does He allow it? Why doesn't He stop it? These are questions we will ask without getting answers. They are questions that break my heart. Being a survivor myself of such junk makes these stories hit home even more so. It sickens me to hear of children's innocence being taken from them. The enemy is alive and well in our world and having a blast causing hurt in people's lives. I pray for those going through such circumstances to find some sort of peace through God. I pray they will find solace in knowing God is there for them. I know from experience they will struggle with even talking with God because they feel abandoned by Him. It is hard to be in that place. Life feels like it is crumbling all around you yet you have to get up each morning and put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.  We must be still before Him and allow Him to work in and through every circumstance we find ourselves in. I am reminded of the words to the song "Still" that Hillsong sings...

When the oceans rise
And thunders roar
I will soar with You
Above the storm
Father You are King
Over the flood
I will be still and know
You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

I also am reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6 that reminds me to trust God. He is there to guide us through everything we go through. He is there on the mountaintop and He is there in the valley. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You again for the beautiful weather You are blessing us with and for the opportunity for a morning walk with Steve yesterday! Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! My heart hurts for so many people who are going through tough days. May they find peace in You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary who is hospitalized. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so very real to the father dealing with custody issues with his little girl. Thank You for the opportunity to pray with him yesterday! Thank You for being My Stillness! Amen.

No comments: