Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Philippians 3:12-14 - "Today Is The Day"


Valentine's Day. The day holds hurt for a lot of people. It also holds memories of better days in the past for many. The saying, 'it is better to love and lost than never to have loved at all' came to my mind this morning. Being married for almost thirty-one years before Doc died holds lots of memories. Some good. Some bad. If he would not have been in my life for those years, I would have missed out on so much. He taught me so much over the years. A memory creeped into my mind a couple of weeks ago of a time when he was in his last days on this earth. He told me to never forget the memory we made that day and to always remember to have fun in life. It is those memories that cause the greatest hurt. I miss making new memories with him but I know that chapter of my life has been closed. The next chapter I experienced with making memories with a special someone was with my Rickey. That chapter was short lived but we made so many memories in the short time he was in my life. Once again, he taught me so much and for that I am grateful. As I watched the sunset last night over the water I thought about how God has me here right now for a reason. I don't always understand His ways or His timing but I do know He loves me greatly. I was pondering on this week's sermon challenge this morning. Ask God to empower you to step out in faith as you ‘cross the swollen rivers’ of life. Ask Him to show you the improbable becoming do-able, the impractical becoming possible, and the impossible becoming reality. What swollen rivers of life am I facing? How will God get me across them? What do I need to change in my thinking to understand what He wants of me? I know one thing for sure is I need to not lose my focus on Him. He reminds me every time I get to see a sunset that tomorrow is another day. Yesterday I physically accomplished a lot and now today is ahead of me. What will I accomplish today? Who will I impact with Jesus' love? How will God use me today to make a difference in people's lives? Only He knows. I know what is on the calendar but I also know the best times in life are the spontaneous ones. I strive to be ready for whatever the day holds. I am grateful for songs like "Today Is The Day" that encourages me to live in the moment...

Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trustin' in what You say
Today is the day

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for many who are hurting to allow You to be their soothing balm. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Day Maker! Amen.

No comments: