Saturday, February 4, 2023

Psalm 8 - "In Jesus Name (God of Possible)"

The Lord directed me to Psalm 8 this morning. David wrote this Psalm to remind us to praise God especially when we feel attacked by the enemy. It begins and ends with the same verse. Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! We must not only remember this but live it out. That can be hard when we are going through difficult days. In our humanness it is difficult to praise God through the loss of a loved one, watching a loved one dealing with a terminal illness, loss of a relationship, etc. It can be difficult to praise God when we feel like our world is falling apart but that is exactly what we need to do. One thing we must remember is satan does not like us praising God. Therefore, he will attack even more when we do. He is fighting for us every day. He wants our souls to go to hell instead of spending eternity with the Lord. He doesn't fight those he already has but fights for those who are walking with the Lord. There are so many hurting people. Yesterday as I talked with a few of them I became overwhelmed myself with their hurt. I cannot 'fix' their problems but I can pray for them. I cannot make life all better but I can encourage them. Throughout the day I found myself praying for many. I prayed God would be their strength and so real to them in their time of need. I prayed God would reveal Himself to them in a way that would make sense to them. Most of all I prayed for those not in relationship with Him to find Him and for the those in relationship with Him to go deeper. Some days I feel like I am not making a difference in people's lives but I know that is the enemy trying to tear me down. I know as long as I continue to seek God and do His will I am making a difference in people's lives but especially in my own. Woo hoo! I woke this morning with a song Katy Nicole sings called "In Jesus Name (God of Possible)" and am feeling blessed...

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus' name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus' name
In Jesus' name

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the people You put in my path yesterday to love on with Your love! I pray the words I spoke were ones that will make a difference in their lives. I pray Mr. Baldwin will have a 'good' day after his oral surgery yesterday. I also pray for many going through 'tough' days to experience Your strength today. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Melinda and Todd. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My God of Possible! Amen.

No comments: