Sunday, February 12, 2023

Psalm 96:11-12 - "First Things First"


“God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.” This quote by Martin Luther is full of beauty. I experience God in a new way when I am out in nature, I hear Him through things such as these flowers the other day. Yesterday as I drove in the rain He told me the purpose of the rain is to cleanse the earth. When we have 'junk' in our lives, He brings rain to cleanse us too. Friday as I watched the bird taking flight He reminded me how we sometimes take off on our own path but thankfully we find our way back to Him. Tuesday night as I watched the sunset He reminded me when I keep Him as my foundation I will be strong in Him. I love the way He speaks to me through nature. Living in my little piece of paradise blesses me in abundance. A lot of people complain about the heat and bugs but I am thankful for every aspect of my little world. I will admit I don't like the little lizard-things when they get in the house but I will survive because of all the pluses of life here. Walking outside in the month of February and seeing flowers blooming blesses me in abundance since I never knew this prior to moving here. I remember the first time I left Ohio in the month of February and traveled to Florida. I was in awe of walking barefoot on the beach when we had left a snowstorm in Ohio. I definitely was born to be a southern girl. It just took me awhile to get here. I am so blessed to be where God desires me to be. I am blessed in knowing He is with me every day and ready to love on me as I allow Him. I am blessed for the way He encourages me when I start to feel down. I am blessed with the people He puts in my path. I am blessed by who He is in my life. I recently heard the song called "First Things First" and strive to live in this manner. I know I fail at times but the more I strive to live in this manner the more it will be achieved. 

First thing’s first
I seek Your will
Not my own
Surrender all my wants to you
Keep the first thing first
To live Your truth
Walk Your ways
Set my eyes
Lord I fix my face on you
All my desires reversed
To keep the first thing first

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the fun time yesterday with Betty, Jo Ann, Terri, and Charlotte! Thank for safety on the roads as we traveled to Savannah in the rain! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that You speak to me through! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people hear/see You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray the same for all pastors who will be in the pulpit and for all believers who will be given an opportunity to love with Your love today. Father, I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.



No comments: