Sunday, February 5, 2023

Psalm 13 - "God Is In This Story"


The Lord directed me to Psalm 13 this morning. David wrote this Psalm in one of his many times of 'tough' days in life. We all have such days. Some times it seems like they will last forever but we know that is not true. Some times it seems like we go from one 'bad' thing to another but God is always there for us when we allow Him to be. Some times we think we can't handle another hurt yet it is in such times our faith can grow. The more 'junk' we go through the more opportunity to become stronger. We become stronger in our mental being by allowing God to give us His wisdom with decisions to be made. We become stronger in our emotional being by allowing God to use tears to cleanse us of the 'junk' of life. We become stronger in our spiritual being by allowing God to take our faith deeper than ever before. David's words of Psalm 13 are words of despair. They are words of feeling like God is no longer there for him. God never leaves us. There are times He may take a step back for us to make our own decisions. That is what is called free will. He knows the outcome He desires of us but sometimes we give into the enemy and that outcome is not of God. David lived a colorful life filled with both sin and strength in God. We can learn from his story. God never gave up on him just as He never gives up on us. We can make changes in our life up until our final breath on earth is taken. I am reminded this morning of the song "God Is In This Story" and feeling grateful for the knowledge it gives.

So if the storm you're walking through
Feels like it's too much, and you
Wonder if He even cares at all
Hold on tight to what you know
He promised He won't let you go
Your song of healing's written in His scars
God is in this story
God is in the details
Even in the broken parts
He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest
I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows
The One who goes before me
God is in this story

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You are always here for me! Thank You for the opportunity to pray for pastors before going to bed, throughout the night, and again this morning! I pray especially for my friends Donis and Patty who are moving to a different church. I pray for their current congregation and their new congregation as they go through this time of transition. I pray for many who are going through 'tough' days to feel Your empowerment to not just get through them but to glorify You in the process. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Melinda and Todd. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for being My Story Maker! Amen.

No comments: