Thursday, February 2, 2023

Psalm 127:3; Isaiah 6:8 - "Prize Worth Fighting For"



Last night as I held Baby Riley for the first time I was in awe of what God has brought him through so far in his young life. He has overcome many obstacles and still has a way to go. The best part of his story is that he is blessed with parents who will love, protect, and nurture him. I pray for his birth mother who made the decision to let him go. As a mother I know that decision could not have been easy. I also pray for his new family to continue to have the strength to provide for his needs. What a blessing he is to all of us. Many have prayed for him during the months leading up to his birth. Just as I pray for all my church family I will continue to pray for him. God is so good. He loves us so greatly. Last night in Bible study I was reminded from Isaiah 6:8 of not only the commission upon Isaiah's life but the commission upon my life. And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” In January 2016 when I asked God where I would put up my Christmas decorations the next Christmas He replied, "South Carolina, Daughter" I was blown away. I said, "No" because it was too far from my family. God got His way by us walking in obedience to Him. If we would not have made the move, we would have missed out on so many blessings. I shared last night about how South Carolina seemed like a foreign land as spoke of in Isaiah's writing. I am so thankful it no longer seems that way but truly is home. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt this is where I belong. Even with all going on with my Momma I still have peace in knowing God has me where He wants me. He will work everything out with her situation. I am grateful for that knowledge. I am grateful for the knowledge that I do not have to do anything on my own but instead just need to allow Him to work in and through me. I am grateful for songs like "Prize Worth Fighting For" that remind me...

When every day is just another struggle
And every choice is an act of war
Gotta pray, gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for
When it feels like I'll never make it
When my heart's crying out for more
Gotta pray, gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that You pour over me! Thank You for the reminder of the call upon my life and for the way You are with me every step of where You send me! Thank You for the way You are my strength for whatever lies ahead! I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. Andy and his family with Katelyn's cancer; Kaye and her family; Rachael; my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Susan; and a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for being My Prize! Amen.

No comments: