Thursday, February 23, 2023

Psalm 5:3; Isaiah 40:31 - "Waiting Here For You"

The Lord took me to Psalm 5 this morning and stopped me at verse three. It reads in The Passion Translation:  At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice as I prepare  my sacrifice of prayer to you. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart. I start each day as David with prayer. In my prayers I ask Him to cleanse me so He can fill me. We have blatant sins in her life and we also have sins we don't even realize we commit that need confessed. Before God can use us as He desires we must have a 'clean slate' for the day ahead. There is a word in this verse that I was given insight with for our Bible study last night. It is the word 'wait.' We were studying Isaiah 8 where he wrote about waiting for the Lord. So many times we think when we wait on something or someone we are doing nothing. Guzik wrote: 

And I will wait on the LORD: Waiting on the LORD is not passive inactivity. It means to wait on the LORD as a waiter would wait on a table. It means to be totally attentive to the LORD, focused on His every move, and responsive to His every desire. At times it means inactivity, but even that is an “active inactivity,” where we stand before the LORD, totally focused on Him, waiting for what He wants next.

We are told later on in Isaiah 40:31: But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. When we truly wait on the Lord we will receive great blessings. We will realize the desires of His heart to a fuller extent. Sometimes in our humanness we go ahead of God because we want answers now or we want something to happen now. We live in an instant society where we put our food in the microwave and it's done or we go through a drive through and have our food quickly. These things have made us not want to wait on anything. Living a life in God's presence is one where we learn to wait on Him as we focus on Him. I pray I am more attentive to Him in the day ahead so I do not go before Him or try to manipulate any circumstance I find myself in but instead find myself waiting on Him. I am reminded this morning of a song Christy Nockels sings called "Waiting Here For You" and thinking once again about how we do not like waiting on anything. Lord, help us!

If faith can move the mountains
Let the mountains move
We come with expectation
Waiting here for you, I’m waiting here for you

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my church family that love on me so well! Thank You for Your Word, songs, and nature that speak to me! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Father, there are so many people I'm praying for that need mountains moved in their life. May they all realize the need to wait for Your timing and Your resolve in their circumstances. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; Ashley Foor; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Katelyn; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; and Michele with breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues, and my friend Rosemary who is hospitalized. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and PamI praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. Thank You for being The One I Wait On! Amen.

No comments: