Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Psalm 28 - "In The House"


Before I went to sleep last night the Lord had me read Psalm 28. The words were on my mind this morning when I awoke along with a song Crowder sings called "In The House." I asked the Lord what He wanted me to receive from this Scripture and song. Verses seven through nine in the New Living Translation reads:

The Lord is my strength and shield.
    I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
    I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

The Lord gives his people strength.

    He is a safe fortress for his anointed king.

Save your people!

    Bless Israel, your special possession. 

Lead them like a shepherd,

    and carry them in your arms forever.

 

The song starts with these words...


Good morning
Has it been a long night
Maybe been a long year, maybe been a hard life
Maybe you're not alright
If you got a little red in your eyes
You've come to the right place
People like you, people like me
This is where we all find grace
Come on now


We all go through trials in life but it is how we handle them that matters. Do we allow the enemy an open door or do we lean into God's strength to get through them? Do we listen to people or to God on what to do? Do we give up or continue to pursue the hope of Christ? These are questions we must answer throughout life. The words in this song."Maybe been a long year" made me chuckle. Today is March 1. January and February were not the nicest months to me with physical issues but I'm still here. Praise God! As I think back over the last few years I am amazed at all that has happened yet thankful to be stronger in my faith through everything. 2019 Doc was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and started treatments. 2020 after a sixteen month battle with the cancer he left for heaven. The end of 2020 was when I fell and had a rod put in my arm. The end of 2021 my Rickey left this earth due to COVID. All of these events were challenging. Alll of them were ones I would not wish on anyone. Yet God was with me every step of the way and showing me what I needed to do to have victory in Him. The words in this Scripture are words I can attest to every moment of my life. I trust Him and He fills me with His joy no matter what happens. He gives me strength to carry on in life even when I feel like I cannot. He leads me to make right decisions. Sometimes it takes me a bit to realize what those decisions need to be but He does not give up on me. Woo hoo!


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for bringing this Scripture to me last night along with this song in the middle of the night! Thank You for caring for me so greatly! Thank You for my time with Chrissy, her Mom, and Christy yesterday as we celebrated Chrissy's birthday! Thank You for the rest You provided afterward! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Yourself. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray for cooperation with Marion today. I also pray for Your love to be experienced by those going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Iwilda; Timmy; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; and my friend going through tests. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Karl Stein. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Last evening was another 'tough' one as I miss him so greatly. Thank You for being My Strength and Shield! Amen. 


No comments: