Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Psalm 39 - "I'll Find You"


I woke up during the night and again this morning with the words to "I'll Find You" that Lecrae sings. The song was written during a time when many of his close friends were very sick. When I hear it, my mind goes to not only those struggling physically but also emotionally, mentally, financially, and spiritually. This was written about the song:

"Life is a precious gift. A gift we often take for granted until it is threatened. Pain can be a haunting reminder to appreciate every waking moment. So we wrote a song to share our hope in the midst of that pain. At the time of this song’s composition, some of our loved ones were battling cancer. We wanted to encourage them to hold on and tell them we are here waiting, hoping, praying, and fighting with them. Some have been released from their pain forever, others are still fighting. Hold on."

Yes!  God is our Hope in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. We need to hold onto Him through all of the challenges of life. We need to lean into His strength and not allow the enemy an open door. We need to seek His wisdom with decisions we make. When we live in this manner, we will receive His peace in abundance. As I fell asleep last night God brought to my mind Psalm 39. I asked if I were to get up to read it and He told me to read it this morning. I read it in different versions and was blessed in abundance. I love how He brings Scripture and a song together to start my day. The last part of this Psalm reminds us that we will have 'tough' times on this earth. Thankfully this earth is not our eternal home. Matthew Henry wrote of it: 

Afflictions are sent to stir up prayer. If they have that effect, we may hope that God will hear our prayer. The believer expects weariness and ill treatment on his way to heaven; but he shall not stay here long : walking with God by faith, he goes forward on his journey, not diverted from his course, nor cast down by the difficulties he meets. 

Woo hoo! When we walk by faith, we will have hope in Him. I am thankful for the knowledge this earth is not my home forever. There are some days I get tired of all that happens. Some days it seems like there is more 'junk' to deal with than 'good' stuff. Thankfully I am not alone but have the Lord to lean into for His strength, wisdom, empowerment, and most of all His love. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Marion cooperating well to go to PT and for the opportunities You gave me to love with Your love! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me. I pray for many going through 'tough' times to have someone love on them with Your love. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Nada and her family; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie as she has completed treatments; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; Elaine; and my friend who had biopsy yesterday. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You for Sam Jackson having a successful surgery yesterday. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue to adjust to being without my Rickey. It seems like every time I turn around I am reminded of something we did, he said, something we planned on doing, etc. Lord, ease the pain. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: