Thursday, March 3, 2022

Psalm 66 - "Heart of the Father"



God took me to Psalm 66 this morning. This is a great reminder that we need to not only praise God through our circumstances but we need to share our praises with others. He will be glorified through our praises. Woo hoo! I have much to praise God for as I begin another day of life. He woke me up. He put a song on my heart and gave me Scripture to ponder upon. As of right this moment the tingling in my face has calmed down. The sun is shining and it is to be eighty degrees today. I know He is going to give me opportunities to love with His love today. Last night's Bible study had great insight. My list goes on and on. I could type all day and never be finished with the blessings God gives me. I know when I pray He not only hears my prayers but listens to them. I also know He knows what is on my heart even before I speak it. Praying is not for His benefit but for our benefit. When I pray for someone and the prayer is answered in the manner I desire, I praise Him. When the prayer is answered in a different way, I praise Him. Losing a dear lady yesterday who kept in contact with me since our move was heart breaking for me and many others who she meant so much to. But it also was a joy in knowing she is with our Heavenly Father. After I got over the initial cry I thought about how her and Doc loved to sit and chat. In fact, they could do it for hours at a time if they were allowed. I had the thought yesterday of the two of them up in heaven chatting away with no time constraints. That turned my tears into  joyous ones. I am reminded of the song "Heart of the Father" that Ryan Ellis sings...

Jesus, Your name is power, it’s breath and living water
And Your Spirit guides me to the heart of the Father
Let Your praise ring louder every day and every hour
'Cause Your Spirit guides me to the heart of the Father

I desire to praise Him 24/7. I know I need to get better at it and I also know the more I praise Him the closer I will be in relationship with Him. I am so thankful to have Him guiding me in this world so I can spend eternity with Him. I also am thankful even when I mess up or miss an opportunity He gives me He does not give up on me. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for such a blessed day yesterday and for the day ahead! May I make You proud of me. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May people see/hear You instead of me. Lord, there are so many people going through 'tough' days. I pray they will praise You through them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Iwilda's family; Kristen Batten; Timmy; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; and my friend going through tests. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Karl Stein. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. I know he is enjoying life with You but oh how I miss him. Thank You for being My Guide! Amen.

No comments: