Monday, March 21, 2022

Isaiah 64:8 - "Change My Heart"

I had a conversation with a friend this morning that immediately brought the words of "Change My Heart Oh God" to my mind. I don't know what God wants her or I to gain from this song but I definitely know it was from Him. 

You are the potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray

This is what we all need to do. We need to allow God to 'mold' us into who He desires us to be. Sometimes that means we have to take a step back and reevaluate life. I know myself I have had to stop and do this from time to time. Sometimes the world starts to creep into our thinking and God needs us to get back on track. There have been times when I have allowed my past to take over my future. The hurts of days gone by start to make me bitter and twist my thinking. No matter what is going on God needs us all to allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life so we will be who He desires us to be. I get a picture of an artist taking a lump of clay, putting it on the wheel, and making something beautiful. Sometimes that lump of clay becomes 'ugly' and the artist has to start over. Sometimes it needs water added to it to be pliable. When the artist is patient with their project and allows God to work through them, the finished product will be exactly what is desired. God is like that in our life. When we allow Him to work in and through us here on this earth, heaven will be our final home. Woo hoo! Sometimes that means we have to change our course and adjust to circumstances. Sometimes that means we have to take a good look at ourselves and fine tune our way of thinking to His way. Sometimes that means we must allow Him to love us fully so we can realize His love to the greatest depth. 'Sometimes' must always include seeking His will. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the way You love on me so greatly! Lord, I want to be something beautiful for You. I pray I am pliable as the clay on a potter's wheel. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Chrissy who is having a procedure this morning to realize Your peace. I pray the same for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; David Faber; Amber; Julie from ankle surgery; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who had a biopsy. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Judy's great grand child, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue to adjust to life without my Rickey. Thank You for being My Potter! Amen.

No comments: