Sunday, March 27, 2022

Matthew 28:18-20 - "The Commission"


A song Cain sings called "The Commission" was on my mind throughout the night as I prayed for pastors and again this morning. The song is written from Jesus' perspective and is based on the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:18-20. Madison Cain Johnson wrote of the song: Written from the point of view of Jesus, the song paints a picture of our Savior’s humanity and the bitter-sweet feelings He must have felt as He said goodbye to His followers on Earth before returning to Heaven.

Go tell the world about Me
I was dead, but now I live
I’ve gotta go now
For a little while
But goodbye is not the end

Praise God for the knowledge this world is not the end of our story just as it was not the end of Jesus' story. When we live for Him on this earth, we will live with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! The Great Commission is not just for pastors. It is for all believers. God expects all of us to love with His love so others will desire to live for Him. He expects all to share His Word so others will know about Him. He expects all to live a life seeking Him so we can know what He desires of us. Plain and simple. He expects. Sometimes we feel like His expectations are more than we can fulfill but when we allow Him to empower us with the Holy Spirit we can do whatever He desires of us. 

Dear Jesus,
I prayed before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for pastors who will be in the pulpit today to share what You desire. I also prayed for all believers to get better at sharing Your love so more people will desire to live with You. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Empower me to be the godly lady You so desire. Thank You for such a great day yesterday with the blessings of Clay and his men, Jack, and Jeff working at the church! Thank You for the blessing of the free dress at Belk, my time at the vendor events, and my walk at The Sands! I am so grateful for the way You bless me in abundance. Thank You for the peace You give as I once again find myself single. Thank You for giving peace to many going through difficult days! My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; Clay's friend; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. Yesterday was bittersweet as I did things he and I used to do when he was in South Carolina. Thank You for precious memories! Thank You for being My Eternity! Amen. 

No comments: