Friday, March 11, 2022

Psalm 18 - "The Blessing"

 

Some days are so emotional. Some days tire me out just to get through them. Yesterday was a day of great emotion. As I crossed the Broad River Bridge I thought of one time on the way home from Savannah my Rickey and I stopped and walked. When I passed the estate, I thought of his dream for us to someday live there. When I put a dress on yesterday morning, I was reminded of how he always told me I was 'so pretty.' Talking with one of his students brought joy to my heart. When I climbed into bed in the early evening, I reflected on the day and gave God glory for being with me every step of the way. This morning He took me to Psalm 18. It reminds me of all He does for me. David praised God for all the ways He saved him from his enemies. I was thinking how enemies do not have to be people. They can be ourselves, our memories, or actual people. Enemies come into our lives in various forms. Sometimes God allows enemies to be in our life to grow our faith. Sometimes it is through enemies we see the greatest breakthroughs. Sometimes enemies come into open doors we give them. David wrote this Psalm to show God how much he loved Him and appreciated all He did for Him. That is exactly what I desire to do. I want God to know I love Him and appreciate all He does for me. He is always with me and for that I am grateful. He is always here to give me His wisdom, joy, and strength. I am so grateful for the way He works in and through me. Last night Brooklyn sent music and it included the song "The Blessing" that Kari Jobe sings. This song blesses me in abundance. These words are ones I hold close to my heart...

May His presence go before you
And behind you and beside you
All around you and within you
He is with you, He is with you
In the morning, in the evening
In your coming and your going
In your weeping and rejoicing
He is for you, He is for you

Yes! He is always with us which is a blessing. No matter what is happening in life He is with us. This knowledge is a blessing in itself. Woo hoo! I am so grateful for Who He is in my life. I am grateful He is always with me even in days like yesterday that are so emotional. Verse fifty of Psalm 18 reads in the NIV: He gives His king great victories; He shows unfailing love to His anointed, to David and to his descendants forever. Woo hoo! God gave victories to David throughout his life just as He gives me victories. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the memories You brought to my mind throughout the day yesterday of my Rickey! You are so awesome in being with me all the time. Thank You for Psalm 18 that encourages me to praise You through victories! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through me today. May I shine brightly for You. Father, I pray for many going through 'tough' days to receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Carolynn's family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Pastor Todd's family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy;  and my friend going through tests. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Christina and her family, and Karl Stein. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray You will continue to give Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself what we need to not just get through the 'tough' days without my Rickey but to glorify You through them. Thank You for being My Blessings! Amen.

No comments: