Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Romans 8 - "Heart of the Father"


I woke up with the song "Heart of the Father" going through my mind. This song reminds me of my Heavenly Father's love for me. He loves me so much that He sacrificed His Only Son so I could live. Woo hoo! I love Him so much and am so thankful for all He means to me. i am thankful for the way He speaks to me and allows me to live the life I am living for Him. I am thankful for the knowledge that His love is greater than anything I ever go through. I long to be in relationship with Him. I desire to please Him as I live a life of obedience to His will. I love Paul's words in Romans 8 about how our relationship with our Abba Father. When we live in relationship with Him, we have promises such as found in verse twenty-eight. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. Woo hoo! We also have the promise of His love for eternity found in verse thirty-eight. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Woo hoo! What a blessing His Word is to all who read it. He reveals His love to us through His Word, music, people, etc. He speaks and desires us to not only hear Him but to listen and walk in obedience to what He desires of us. When we allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life, we will be who He desires us to be. 

Jesus, Your name is power
It's breath and living water
And Your Spirit guides me
To the heart of the Father

Let your praise ring louder everyday and every hour
'Cause Your Spirit guides me
To the heart of the Father

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this song and Scripture that is full of Your love! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Momma's appointment going well! You are such a good Father as You bless me in abundance every day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, whatever lies ahead in this day is nothing You and I can't handle. I pray You will keep my focus on You so I do not miss any opportunity to love with Your love. Thank You for my relationship with my earthly Daddy which makes it easy to accept Your love! I miss his morning phone calls and hearing him say, "Sheila Babe" but I am thankful I will see him again some day. Lord, empower all to live in Your presence. Empower me to share Your love so people will desire to live in such a manner. I pray for many going through difficult days to draw closer to You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; Clay's friend; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. You are amazing with bringing memories to my mind like last night's dinner that he loved me to make and the way he loved my Momma. Thank You for my short time with him and for the memories made! Thank You for giving me his children and grand babies as my bonus family! Thank You for being My Abba Father! Amen.

No comments: