Saturday, March 12, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-14; II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13 - "I Am Not Alone"


Doc would not be a 'happy camper' to wake up to yucky weather on his birthday. He told me stories about having a birthday in March meant you could have ten inches of snow or a ton of sunshine. He would be happy to know the clocks are changing tonight. He always loved having more daylight. He loved the weather in South Carolina and we enjoyed it as much as we could. His last couple years were hard but he would always say 'God's got a plan!' As I was driving yesterday it seemed like the flowering bushes and trees have all bloomed overnight. He loved that aspect of spring. If he were still with us, we would bee driving to see new places, taking pictures, etc. Oh how we loved to explore our little world. In those last months when we accepted what was ahead we did our best to get out and about whenever he could. Up until he had the stroke forty-eight hours before he took his last breath we would walk up to the stop sign and back. It wasn't far but it kept him going. One of the hardest things to do in life is to watch a loved one battle cancer. I watched my Daddy, my brother, and Doc. It is so, so hard. We stood upon many verses throughout the journey with 'c' and I continue to stand upon them. II Timothy 1:7 and Philippians 4:13 were two of them. Proverbs 3:5-6 was another one. Jeremiah 29:11-14 reads in the New King James Version:
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.
When the people were brought out of exile, God's purpose was revealed to them. He knows what is best for all of us. He has a purpose for all of us and what happens in our life. He never has doubts as do or is uncertain because His plans are best. The cancer in Doc's pancreas was a surprise to us but not to God. I will never understand why people have to deal with such things but I do know our faith was stretched and we were taken deeper in our walk with Him through it. I am grateful Doc is no longer on this earth suffering with 'c.' I am grateful God continues to provide exactly what I need every day. I am grateful He is restoring me after all that has happened in life. I am grateful for the knowledge that no matter what happens, He is in control. I am grateful for the promises of His Word. He is always with me and for that I am so, so grateful. I Am Not Alone is going through my mind this morning as the tears fall. What a blessing to have people in my life who love on me so greatly. This picture of Doc was taken not long before he had the stroke. Sissy and Gavin loved spending time with him no matter if it were just for a few minutes like this particular evening was. 

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for the opportunities to love on people yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Doc being with You instead of suffering on this earth! Thank You for comforting and encouraging all who think about him today with it being his earthly birthday! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. When the memories come, may they be healing. Lord, I stand upon many promises of Your Word but especially Jeremiah 29:11-13. I pray for many going through 'tough' times to lean into Your strength. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Carolynn's family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Nada and her family; Pastor Todd's family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy;  and my friend going through tests. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Christina and her family, and Karl Stein. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray You will continue to give Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself what we need 
on 'tough' days without my Rickey. May we lean into Your strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternal Planner! Amen.

No comments: