Saturday, March 19, 2022

Lamentations 3:22-24 - "Promises"

The Lord was with me all night long in a mighty way. I went to bed at my normal time only to get back up and work on the book shelves some more. It was after midnight when I finally went back to bed. I was so, so tired but was happy to be almost done with the project. These projects are hard emotionally yet they are rewarding. I don't know if that makes sense or not. They are hard emotionally because of the things I read in Doc's journals, Bibles, etc. Reading notes inside the front of books and/or Bibles given to him by me and the boys brings on the tears. This morning the song "Promises" that Maverick City sings is on my mind...

Though the storms may come and the winds may blow
I'll remain steadfast
And let my heart learn, when You speak a word
It will come to pass

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

When the seasons change
You remain the same

Yes! God Word promises me He will be with me through through the storms of life. He promises me He will always be with me no matter what season I find myself in. When I took this picture the other day, I thought about how this tree has new life on it. The season for growth is upon the tree. The same needs to be said for my life. I need to allow God to work in and through me so I can grow spiritually. I need to allow Him total control over every aspect of my life so He can be who He desires to be in my life. I need to be right with Him so I not only can hear Him but will have the desire to walk in obedience to Him. Woo hoo! I need to faithful to Him as He is faithful to me. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the work accomplished on the book shelves! Thank You for Lamentations 3:22-24 that encourage me to be who You desire! Thank You for the water hose issue being minor and for Trevor who looked at it! Thank You for the time with the ladies yesterday celebrating Nancy's birthday! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Owen; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Nada and her family; David Faber; Amber; Julie from ankle surgery; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie as she has completed treatments; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; Elaine; and my friend who had biopsy. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we remember the good times we had with my Rickey. Some days are just harder than others with the memories, dreams, etc. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.



No comments: