Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Romans 8 - "Heaven Help Me"

I woke up with a song Zach Williams sings called "Heaven Help Me" going through my mind. I have been in this position so many times. The best part of being in such places is knowing God will work everything out. God is with us in 'tough' days as we wait for His timing. The desire of His heart is for us to allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life so we can be who He desires us to be on this earth. When we live such a life on earth, we will live with Him for eternity. Woo hoo!

Help me, help me
'Cause I can't walk this road alone
And I can't do this on my own
Tell me, tell me
I just need to hear You say
That everything will be okay

Yes! There are times, even when we are in a group of people, we feel so alone. We must remember Jesus is always with us. There are times when we feel like we cannot carry on with decisions that need made. We must remember Jesus is ready to give us His wisdom and strength. There are times when people hurt us with their words and/or actions. We must remember Jesus will never hurt us. He is the answer to everything that comes our way. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded this morning of Paul's words in Romans 8:28. This chapter is about how we are to live in the Spirit. Gruzik wrote about how when we live in such a way we are better able to understand and endure suffering. I can attest to this statement. When we live in the Spirit, we have God's wisdom and strength. Verse twenty-eight is a promise from God. He will take the 'bad' stuff that happens and turn them into good as we allow Him. He will give us exactly what we need to have victory and glorify Him in the process. Sunday was a 'nasty' day with MS but I came out victorious because I listened to Him. When He told me to ask for prayer, I did. When He told me to eat, I did. When He told me to rest, I did. I woke up yesterday with the nausea and internal shakes subsided. I still have the tingling in my head but I am used to it. Yesterday was a glorious day as I spent the morning with Jaxon, walked and had lunch with Chrissy, met a new friend, visited with three neighbors, and had dinner with some friends. God blessed me in abundance throughout the day. He knew I needed such a day after what I went through Sunday. Praise His Holy Name! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for today which is a day of celebration for my granddaughter Annabel who is now ten years old! It is so hard to believe she is in double digits! Oh how I miss them. Thank You for the reminder of Romans 8:28 this morning that reminds me You love me and have called me to South Carolina as Your willing servant! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a new way today. Lord, may You be so close to those going through 'tough' days. My heart hurts for many. I praise You for Little Judson's good news and pray continually for him and Little Ivy. I also pray for: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Iwilda's family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Pastor Todd's family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; and my friend going through tests. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Christina and her family, and Karl Stein. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. It warms my heart to have neighbors ask how I am doing and talk about how friendly he was to everyone. 'He always had a smile on his face' is something I hear often. Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.



No comments: