Saturday, March 26, 2022

Psalm 33:3 - "New Day"


The Lord woke me at 3:33AM with the direction to read Psalm 33:3. I love the way He speaks to me and the way He uses His Word to speak to me. This Psalm is one David wrote to show us we need to praise God. Boyce wrote, “‘New song’ simply means that every praise song should emerge from a fresh awareness of God’s grace.” Praise His Holy Name! Today is a new day. There will be opportunities to praise Him throughout the day as I seek His will, wisdom, and peace for my life. Henry wrote of this Psalm: 

Holy joy is the heart and soul of praise, and that is here pressed upon the righteous. Thankful praise is the breath and language of holy joy. Religious songs are proper expressions of thankful praise. Every endowment we possess, should be employed with all our skill and earnestness in God's service. His promises are all wise and good. His word is right, and therefore we are only in the right when we agree with it. His works are all done in truth.

I desire to experience 'holy joy' and as I do I will praise Him. I desire to be thankful for what is ahead in this day whether it be good or tough to get through. I desire to allow Him to be Who He desires to be in my life so I can be who He desires of me. Plain and simple. I desire Him. I am not sure what He has in store for me with a 'new song' but I know He is with me every step of the way. I am excited to be where I am in my relationship with Him and am ready for whatever He puts before me. I am reminded of the words to a song Danny Gokey sings called "New Day"...

This is a new day
Everything bursting with hope
Coming alive this moment, moment 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Andrew working on projects at the house yesterday and for the rest of the day being a time of rest! Thank You for another day of life! Cleanse me so You can fill me with Yourself. May Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts be found in me by all who see/hear me. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; Clay's friend; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. May the memories be greater than the hurts. Thank You for being My New Song! Amen.

No comments: