Friday, March 18, 2022

Psalm 8 - "Overcome"


Every night when we go to bed we hope to wake in the morning but we never know if that will happen. We hope to get a good night's sleep but once again that may or may not happen. We hope to not have any emergency calls in the night but sometimes that happens. We hope for a lot of things but the one thing we need to put our hope in is Christ. Yesterday afternoon as I sat and talked one more time with friends before they leave today the sun was shining down on me. More importantly the Son was shining down on me. Last night on the way home the moon was shining brightly out over the water as I crossed the bridge. It reminded me of the night it was shining so beautifully and I told my Rickey to look out at it so we would be seeing it at the same time even though we were 700 miles apart. I'm so grateful for the memories I have of my time with him. I'm grateful for the way God used him to help with my healing from losing Doc. I am grateful for my 'bonus' family I have in his children and grandchildren. Plain and simple, I am grateful. This picture was one of the sunsets we experienced together in South Carolina. I remember we stood and just watched it unfold and was amazed. We talked about how God is such a great artist and how blessed we were to be sharing His work at that moment. I am reminded this morning of the words to a song called "Overcome" that Elevation sings. It reminds me that today is a new day. God will be in my day as much as I will allow Him. He will direct me, give me His wisdom, etc. as I allow Him. At the end of the day I will look back and hopefully see great things I have allowed Him to do in this day.

Now the darkness fades
Into new beginnings
As we lift our eyes to a hope beyond
All creation waits
With an expectation
To declare the reign of the Lord our God

The day ahead is a gift ready to be opened. It is a blessing ready to be received. I have the choice to make on whether God will be the Master Artist of my day or not.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Marion being cooperative yesterday with PT! Thank You for time with Brent and Sherry as we basked in the beauty of Your creation! Thank You for Laurie who leads our group! Thank You for the way You are going to create my day to be exactly as You desire! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May you ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray peace over Latia and her family. May they lean into You. I also pray for Mary Ellen Simpkins and Owen who are both having surgery today. I pray Your peace over: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Nada and her family; David Faber; Amber; Julie from ankle surgery; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie as she has completed treatments; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; Elaine; and my friend who had biopsy yesterday. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we remember the good times we had with my Rickey. As I saw the moon last night I thought about the night we were 700 miles apart looking at it. Thank You for the memories! Thank You for being My Master Artist! Amen.

No comments: