Sunday, March 20, 2022

Romans 8 - "For The Good"


God had me praying for pastors before falling asleep, during the night, and again this morning. He specifically had me pray for one who is resigning this morning. He reminded me that no matter what we go through in life He is with us as we allow Him. He also had a song Riley Clemons sings called "For The Good" going through my mind every time He had me praying. 

For the good, for the good
You work all things together
For the good, for the good
Your promise stands forever
You alone are my greatest hope
I trust You on the broken road
You work all things together like only You could
For the good

Sometimes we feel alone on the journey He has has on but He is always with us. Sometimes we feel like we cannot carry on but we must remember He never gave up and neither should we. Sometimes we feel like no one understands. That may be true of other humans but He always understands. He provides exactly what we need as we allow Him. He loves on us in ways people cannot. The desire of His heart is to be Who He desires in our lives so we can be who He desires. The only way to live in such a manner is found in Romans 8:5. It reads in the NIV: Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for time with Rhonda, Chrissy, and Jerry to celebrate Doc's birthday! Thank You for the accomplishment of completing the book shelf project! Thank You for fulfilling Romans 8:28 in my life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through me in the day ahead. I pray the same for all pastors as they share what You have put on their heart. I pray for the pastor resigning this morning to feel Your presence. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Owen; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; David Faber; Amber; Julie from ankle surgery; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who had biopsy. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as some days are just harder than others without my Rickey. Thank You for being My Greatest Hope! Amen.

No comments: