Sunday, March 6, 2022

Romans 8:14-17 - "Heart of the Father"


Last night was a typical Saturday night with praying for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning. I don't know how many years I have been doing this but it took on a special meaning when I became a pastor myself. We experience 'good' days often in ministry and praise God for them. We also experience 'tough' days and need to praise Him for those too. It is through the 'tough' times of life that our relationship with Him deepens and our faith grows. We learn to trust Him more through such times. When I was awake during the night and again this morning the words to "Heart of the Father" are going through my mind.

Jesus, Your name is power
It's breath and living water
And Your Spirit guides me
To the heart of the Father

Let your praise ring louder everyday and every hour
'Cause Your Spirit guides me
To the heart of the Father


Yes! As we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us we will experience what the Father desires of us. Paul wrote in the book of Romans chapter eight about a life with Christ living in our heart. Salvation is the first step in a life with Christ. When we take the next step and allow Him to be in charge of our entire life, we will realize a different life with Him. I pray every day for God to cleanse me so He can fill me. I desire to not miss any opportunity He puts before me. That is less likely to happen when I am focused on Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with all the ways You filled my tank! Thank You once again for the privilege to pray for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! May we all strive to live with You in our heart so we can be who You have called us to be. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Father, I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Iwilda's family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; and my friend going through tests. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Christina and her family, and Karl Stein. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. Yesterday as I walked at the waterfront listening to the Army and Marine bands I thought about how much he would have enjoyed it. When I saw couples, I prayed for them to realize what they have in their relationship and for You to be in the center of it. I am so grateful for the time You gave me with my Rickey and for all he taught me. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: