Friday, March 4, 2022

Psalm 27:13; Psalm 28 - "Still"

 

This is the second time this week God had me pondering upon Psalm 28. Sometimes I wonder if I missed something the first time. Other times I think there is a message He wants to make sure I receive. No matter what the reason I am here in this Psalm today. I love to see David crying out to God and praising Him for answering His prayers. Yesterday as I read the story of Bathsheba I was reminded of how David did not always do as his Heavenly Father desired. He knew the importance of repentance and living for the Lord. There were times David prayed and felt like his prayers were not heard. God always hears our prayers. Sometimes He answers them quickly while other times it takes a while. The last verse of the previous chapter in Psalm reads: Wait for the Lordbe strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. When we pray, we must wait on His timing for our answer. We also must be willing to accept His answer. Sometimes it is what we desire and other times not. The bottom line is His answer is always best for us. We may not understand it but He knows what is best and provides. We also need to praise Him no matter what the answer to our prayers. David did just that. We see him praising God in verses six and seven. Morgan wrote, “Suddenly the prayer becomes a song of praise, an act of adoration.”  No matter the answer we need to praise God. I think of the prayers I sent up for healing in both Doc and my Rickey. They received the ultimate healing when God had them take their last breath on this earth. It was not the healing I desired but it was a healing. I had to realize God did answer my prayers in both situations. I also praised God for both of them no longer being in pain/misery in their earthly bodies. David was in the position to praise Him through trusting Him. David's testimony shows his love for God. He knew God would answer his prayers and waited. He expected an answer and received. We need to live in this same manner. I am reminded this morning of a song Hilary Scott sings called "Still"....

You're parting waters
Making a way for me
You're moving mountains that I don't even see
You've answered my prayer before I even speak
All You need for me to be is still

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time with Marion yesterday! Lord, I pray against her pain. Thank You for being with me today with all this tingling in my head! I pray against it but until it settles down I ask for Your strength to get through it. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to feel Your presence. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; the Pottenger Family; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Iwilda's family; Kristen Batten; Timmy; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Little Ivy and Dorothy's grandson with leukemia; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; and my friend going through tests. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Karl Stein. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You Lord for being with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself in these days without my Rickey with us. As I took my walk last night I thought about how much he would enjoy this weather. I thought about when he was here and I went to see Marion he would go to the waterfront to walk, talk with people, and enjoy my happy place. Oh how I miss doing life with him. Thank You for being My Prayer Answerer! Amen.

No comments: