Monday, March 14, 2022

Psalm 39 - "Weary Traveler"

 

Sometimes people disappoint us but God is always there to love us through such times. Sometimes we disappoint ourselves and once again God is there to love us through such times. This morning He took me to Psalm 39. I am so grateful for the way He speaks to me and for the way I have the desire in my heart to not only hear Him but to walk in obedience to Him. This Psalm is one David wrote about the frailty of man. David asked God to show him his life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is (NIV). I do not care to know how long I will be on this earth. I know when it is God's time for me to leave it will be so. I do believe we need to live as each day may be our last. We need to think before we speak and be intentional in loving with God's love. Some days are harder than others because people are human. They will say/do things that hurt us, upset us, etc. We should not lash out on them or take things personally. Instead we need to give it to God and allowed Him to take care of things. We are described in verse twelve of this chapter in the NLV: For I am your guest--a traveler passing through, as my ancestors were before me. Praise God this is not where we will be forever. As we live for Him on this earth we will live with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! I am so ready to no longer deal with people's 'junk' but I know until my time to leave this earth I must. I can so relate to the song "Weary Traveler" this morning...

You keep on givin'
But everyday this world just keeps on takin'
Your tired heart is on the edge of breaking
Carry on

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

Yes! Praise God! The weariness of this world will be gone when we get to heaven! The 'junk' people live in will no longer be in heaven. The disappointments of life will be a thing of the past when we get to heaven. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before me as I see the oncologist today and lead board meeting tonight! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me. May people see/hear You instead of me in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May I have Your peace in abundance. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Nada and her family; Pastor Todd's family; Amber; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; Elaine; and my friend having a biopsy today. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to give Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself what we need on 'tough' days without my Rickey. Yesterday when You changed the radio station to bluegrass as I was thinking how I missed him 'talking me to church' I laughed even through the tears. You are so good to provide exactly what is needed in the grieving process. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: