Thursday, March 17, 2022

Psalm 69 - "For God Is With Us"


God took me to Psalm 69 this morning. I chuckled as I read it. Often I sound like David crying out to God with hurts, complaints, etc. but then end up praising Him. Life can be overwhelming. Part of the reason for this is because of what we do. I personally find myself 'too busy' many times. It is easy for me to fill my days to the point I get to the end of the day and realize I have not rested or even stopped to eat. Those are not healthy practices, especially for someone with MS and a breast cancer survivor. Yesterday as I walked at the waterfront before meeting friends for lunch I took a couple pictures of nature. I thought about how much I enjoy being there at the waterfront. Prior to walking I sat in my car reading my Bible as I watched the rain and basked in the beauty of God's creation. Once again I chuckled. Many people would complain about rain. Even a cloudy/rainy day in my little world is better than a lot of places. I am one blessed lady. God blessed me years ago with the gift of His Son dying on the cross so I could live. He blesses me every day with His love and peace. Yesterday I was blessed with time with friends from Orrville. I am so blessed when people include me in their travel plans in my area. I am blessed today with another day of life. My life may be 'messy' and it may look crazy to some people but God is in control. I was thinking last night as I crawled into bed so tired I need to seek His wisdom more to not fill up my days. It is easier to not be lonely when I am around people and keeping busy but I feel like I miss out so much by doing so. 'Good' things do not always mean they are 'good' for me. I just need to continue to walk in obedience to Him so I can not only hear Him but have the desire in my heart to do as He says. Once again, I am one blessed lady. I love a new song by King and Country called "For God Is With Us." No matter what happens in life God is with us. Praise His Holy Name! We look around and see division among races, religions, etc. yet God is with us. In the midst of many families in turmoil, marriages being dissolved, etc. God is with us. When we feel like we cannot carry on through illness, grief, etc. God is with us. Plain and simple. God is with us. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for lunch with Brent and Sherry! May You continue to bless their trip. Thank You for last night's church activities! I am so blessed! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray many going through 'tough' days will experience You today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; those with COVID either themselves or in their family; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Nada and her family; David Faber; Amber; Julie from ankle surgery; Sarah Kimes and her little girl; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie as she has completed treatments; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; Elaine; and my friend who had biopsy yesterday. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue to adjust to being without my Rickey. As I walked at the waterfront yesterday I thought about how much he loved it there. Thank You for the memories! Thank You for being My God! Amen.

No comments: