Monday, March 1, 2021

Isaiah 61 - "Graves Into Gardens"

The word 'joy' came across in conversations a few times yesterday. Nancy explained the difference between 'joy' and 'happiness' in Sunday school. Happiness is determined by our circumstances. Joy comes from our relationship with the Lord. It was exciting to hear my friend Elizabeth tell about their church service yesterday. The pastor spoke about joy and the music was old time songs focused on joy in the Lord. It reminded me of a verse from our Sunday school lesson found in Isaiah 61. Isaiah wrote this about the restoration God did in His people after they were exiled. The focus on this Scripture is found in verse four. Rebuild, restore, and renew. I shared yesterday about how I feel like God has me in a restoration period in my life. I praise Him for this time when I can relate to this passage so well. When I took this picture on a walk yesterday, there were some things I pondered on as I looked at it later.

  • The path is beautiful just as God is making my path.
  • The flowers on the side are there to remind me of the beauty He has in store for me.
  • The light that is shining down represents Him shining down on me.
  • The lantern at the end of the path reminds me to stay focused on Him so I will receive eternal life.
  • The tall trees remind me that He is using me and my story to be an oak of righteousness for Him.
  • The beauty of His creation reminds me He is giving me a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair (NIV).
I remember doing a sermon on this Scripture last year. I did not realize at the time just how much it would mean to me. I never dreamt I would be where I am today but I am grateful God is with me every step of the way. I am grateful for the way He speaks to me, gives me what He desires to be shared in sermons, walks with me as I strive to live for Him, gives me wisdom with decision making, and confirms His will to me. I am thankful for where He has me in life. I am thankful for the people He has in my life both close by and far away. Plain and simple. I am thankful. 

You turn mourning to dancing
You give beauty for ashes
You turn shame into glory
You're the only one who can (come on)
You turn mourning to dancing
You give beauty for ashes
You turn shame into glory (tell 'em now)
You're the only one who can

You turn graves into garden
You turn bones into armies
You turn seas into highways
You're the only one who can (please sing for me)
You're the only one who can

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday that was so full of blessings! Thank You for technology that provides opportunities such as: preaching to people all over; watching the home going service for Jerry; and talking/texting with family and friends via the phone who are miles away! Thank You for performing restoration in my life! Thank You for the reminders from Isaiah 61 that bless me in abundance! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people hear/see You instead of me. Father, I pray for the week ahead to be full of opportunities to LUV with Your LUV. I pray the ones who have heard sermons in February will strive to do the same. I pray for You and I as we bring together the March sermon series. May I be attentive to what You desire to be preached and may the people who hear the sermons be attentive to them. Father, thank You for the reminder of Isaiah 61:4. You are giving me a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair (NIV). Thank You for my friend Kim who shared Graves Into Gardens yesterday! Thank You for my friend Elizabeth who walks with me! Thank You for being My Restorer! Amen.

11 comments:

Aritha said...

Thank you. Very nice words and thruth

My Strength said...

You are welcome, Aritha! Blessings....

3plus2five said...

graves to gardens lyrics
75kg to lbs
graves to gardens lyrics
check airpod battery life
grave into gardens lyrics

Sportspassion said...

How to Get Paint Out of Clothing
Removing paint from clothing depends on the type of paint. For water-based paints, rinse the stain with cold water and use dish soap. For oil-based paints, use solvents like turpentine. Patience and gentle scrubbing will help salvage your clothes.

2plus2four said...

How to Remove Lice from Hair Permanently
Eradicating lice from hair permanently requires a combination of treatments. Use over-the-counter or prescription lice-killing shampoos, meticulous combing with a fine-toothed comb, and washing all infested bedding and clothing in hot water. Frequent checks and nit removal are also essential for ensuring lice are completely gone.

Fashionhikes said...

How Long Do Boiled Eggs Last
Boiled eggs can last in the refrigerator for about one week when stored in their shells. It's advisable to keep them in a covered container to maintain freshness. Peel only when you're ready to consume them, as peeled eggs have a shorter shelf life.

Contour Cafe said...

Trippy Drawings Easy
Creating trippy drawings can be a fun and imaginative artistic outlet. Easy trippy designs often involve vibrant colors, repeating patterns, and optical illusions. Let your creativity flow and experiment with different shapes and color combinations to achieve eye-catching results.

Tattoomagz said...

Name Designs for Tattoos
Name tattoos are a personal and meaningful choice, often honoring loved ones. Creative name designs can incorporate various fonts, styles, and artistic elements, allowing you to customize the tattoo to your preferences.

Sharetok said...

How to Increase Blood Oxygen Level
Improving blood oxygen levels involves various strategies, such as deep breathing exercises, staying well-hydrated, maintaining good posture, and addressing underlying health issues. Adequate exercise and avoiding smoking can also promote healthy oxygen levels in the blood.

ovok said...

Why Do Dogs Sleep with Their Bum Facing You
Dogs may sleep with their backside facing you for various reasons. It's often about comfort and security, as they feel safe around their owners. Dogs are also keen on observing their surroundings, even while resting. Understanding your dog's body language can help you build a stronger bond.

nerdtifix said...

Can Lemon Water Reduce Belly Fat
Lemon water is a popular drink that may aid in weight management due to its potential appetite-suppressing effects and hydration benefits. While it can be part of a healthy lifestyle, it's not a miracle solution for losing belly fat. Maintaining a balanced diet and regular exercise are essential components of effective weight management.