Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - " No Impossible With You"

"I will accept leadership of the change." This is a statement Elaine challenged us this morning to ponder upon today. She asked if we were willing to take leadership of the change we are desiring in life. When I first met Elaine on-line, I felt a connection with her I have not experienced before. I am so blessed by her heart of encouragement. This morning her challenge was focused on these three things:

  • embrace change
  • capacity to promote change
  • accept leadership of the change God is asking me to bring into the world
What is the change God is asking me to bring into the world? I feel like there are so many different areas He desires me to work on and I continue to pray for His will to be revealed to me. I do not want to do anything not of Him. I also do not want to rush into something ahead of Him. Anything, everything I do must be done in His time and in His will. If I step out of these two things, I will become so overwhelmed with life. That is definitely not something I desire to do. Instead I desire to live in His peace and blessings. I desire to walk in obedience so I not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. How can this type of life be realized? It is actually pretty simple. All I have to do is stay focused on Him and His will. Sometimes it is not easy to wait on His time but that is a must. Sometimes it is not easy to embrace the change He puts before us because it is not what we see for ourselves. Sometimes it is not easy to accept what God is putting before us but if we want to live as He desires us to live, we must accept whatever He gives us. This time of restoration in all aspects of my life is eye-opening yet at the same time is making me evaluate my life and asking myself some tough questions. Am I doing what He desires of me? Am I where He desires me to be? Am I being effective in ways that are pleasing to Him? I must remember life is not about me but about Him. I must remember when I stay focused on Him, He will reveal things to me I could never imagine. Woo hoo! I am reminded this morning of the words of Jeremiah 29:11-14. Nothing surprises God. He knows what our response will be to what He puts before us. He has revealed some things to me during this time of restoration that bless my heart to abundance. He has woke up some things in my spirit I had forgot about. Woo hoo! He continues to guide me to where He desires me to go. Praise His Holy Name. Matthew Henry wrote of this Scripture:

We often do not know our own minds, but the Lord is never at an uncertainty. We are sometimes ready to fear that God's designs are all against us; but as to his own people, even that which seems evil, is for good. He will give them, not the expectations of their fears, or the expectations of their fancies, but the expectations of their faith; the end he has promised, which will be the best for them. When the Lord pours out an especial spirit of prayer, it is a good sign that he is coming toward us in mercy. Promises are given to quicken and encourage prayer.

God gave me the word 'expectation' for 2021. I embraced it and prayed for Him to reveal to me what He desired. I prayed and continue to pray for my spirit to be willing to accept whatever lies ahead. This morning when Elaine shared these three things to ponder upon I was in tears. If I truly am expecting God to do great things in and through me, I need to not just read these things but do them.

  • embrace change
  • capacity to promote change
  • accept leadership of the change God is asking me to bring into the world
I am reminded this morning of the words to a song I Am They sings called No Impossible With You.

Right now You're fighting all my battles
Right now You're breathing life again
And I know You're mighty in my weakness
So right now my soul will say amen

There's no heart You can't rescue
No war You can't win
No story so over
It can't start again
No pain You won't use
No wall You won't break through
It might be too much for me but
There is no impossible with You

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being who You are in my life! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You bring Scripture and songs before me! Thank You for Bubba and Chris who came over to help me last night! Thank You for the obedience Elaine walks in and for the challenge she shared this morning! Lord, I pray You will: empower me to embrace the change You put before me; have the capacity to promote change; and accept leadership of the change You are asking me to bring into the world. I pray for Your continued guidance on this path of life You have me on. Thank You for restoration in my spirit! Thank You for the people You continue to put in my life to encourage me! Thank You for: the accomplishment of getting the desk assembled; surpassing my step goal; a great appointment with the oncologist; and so many other blessings yesterday! Lord, I pray for my friend John Wagner who is having surgery today to experience Your healing touch. I pray the same for my friend Sharon Martin as she deals with pain and my sister Linda as she continues to recuperate from surgery. Lord, be greater than the things they are going through. Cleanse me so You can fill me so You can ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today. Father, You know what is on the calendar but I pray nothing will take my focus off of You to cause me to miss an opportunity to love with Your love. Lord, I truly believe the words to this song, There is no impossible with You. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Restorer! Amen.

No comments: