Sunday, March 14, 2021

Psalm 13 - "Goodness of God"

Walking on the beach yesterday was so awesome! Hearing the waves, picking up shells, feeling both the sun and the Son shining down on me...wow God! I know I will enjoy having daylight longer in the evenings but it sure is hard to get moving this morning with losing an hour of sleep. I also know once I get moving God will be my strength but sometimes it is so hard to do. I prayed for pastors before going to sleep last night, once during the night, and again this morning. There are so many hurting from the effects of the pandemic. Some have gone without a paycheck for many months. Some have been ridiculed for the decisions they have made over this last year. Some have given up on ministry altogether. It saddens my heart to hear stories of the hurt they are going through. This morning God took me to Psalm13. David wrote this Psalm when he was going through a time of depression that was removed through prayer. His time in the 'wilderness' was used to trust God. That is exactly what we all need to do. We cannot allow the world to take us away from Him but instead must allow Him to be our strength. A footnote in The Passion Translation reads: This is the psalm that describes the journey from self to God, from despair to delight, from feeling abandoned to feeling affirmed. It begins with pain and ends with praise. Moaning gives way to music. We each can take comfort in what David experienced. I am so thankful for God's Word that encourages me so greatly. I am thankful for people He puts in my life who encourage me. His plan for my life is unknown to me and that is OK. His plan for my life is where I desire to live every day. I desire to walk in obedience to His will twenty-four, seven. As I do, I will experience the blessings He has for me. The more I trust Him, the deeper He will take my faith. Woo hoo! The more I live in this manner, the easier it is realized. Woo hoo! I am one blessed lady! I pray for more people to realize this type of life. Once again this morning the words to Goodness of God are going through my head. It seems like this song has been with me more than naught this week.

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beautiful weather You are showering down upon us! Thank You for opening my eyes up to the beauty of Your creation through the 'tough' times of life! Thank You for this time of restoration where You have given me new life! As I see the trees and flowers budding, I am in awe at the way You are doing the same in my spirit. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for the privilege to preach today! I am so thankful for the way You direct me in sermon prep and in delivering what You desire. Father, my heart breaks for many pastors who are struggling. May You be greater than the hurts of this world. I pray for those struggling to lean into You for Your wisdom and strength. Lord, I pray You will be with Steve Cecil as he fills the pulpit this morning along with others who are filling in today. I pray for pastors to be obedient to the Holy Spirit so what You desire will be shared. Lord, I also pray for my friend Sharon Martin to have relief from the pain she is experiencing and Pete and Delores Avery as they go through tough times. Thank You for my time with Chrissy and Cora yesterday! I so enjoy spending time with them. Thank You for the day ahead and the ways You will bless me through it! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: