Friday, March 5, 2021

Isaiah 57:18b-19; Ephesians 2:17-18 - "Peace Be Still"

Wow, God's anointing was on Joyce and our group last night! Woo hoo! She said He confirmed something in her and I know He confirmed once again that He is restoring me. She brought the words of the Lord from Isaiah 57 to us. I love this verse! I love the idea of having abundant peace! That is where I am living today. I know there are a lot of people who do not understand but people are not the ones I have to answer to. God is. He loves me and is providing abundant peace to me. He is restoring me. He continues to reveal to me what He desires of me and where He desires me to be. Praise His Holy Name! I knew when He gave me the word 'expectation' for 2021 it was going to be a sweet year. I must remember to live in expectation of all things. Not everything that will come my way will be 'good' in the world's eyes but everything that comes my way will be 'good' in God's eyes. Woo hoo! 'Good' things that are challenging take our faith deeper. They stretch us to where we will not rely on ourselves but instead will allow God to have full reign of our lives. Joyce reminded us last night that we not only need to praise God through 'tough' times but we need to praise Him for them. I praise Him for all that has happened over the last few months because I know I am stronger in my faith because of the circumstances. I praise Him for abundant peace He gives me. I praise Him for His Word, songs, people, and circumstances He puts in my life every day. Plain and simple. I praise Him. I am thankful for His peace. Isaiah 57 was speaking of peace for those who returned to the Lord after falling. When you go through tough days, your eyes can be blinded to God. The enemy tries to make you believe He no longer loves you or is not with you. Those are blatant lies of the enemy. God never leaves us. We never have to do life alone. Gruzik wrote:

In His mercy, God invites all men to peace – both him who is far off and him who is near. Each one can receive God’s shalom, which is more than the absence of hostility; it is the gift of precious well-being.

Woo hoo! Paul wrote in Ephesians 2:17 of Jesus fulfilling the promise of peace for all who will accept it. It reads in The Passion TranslationFor the Messiah has come to preach this sweet message of peace to you, the ones who were distant, and to those who are near. Praise God His peace is for all. Verse eighteen continues, And now, because we are united to Christ, we both have equal and direct access in the realm of the Holy Spirit to come before the Father! When we allow the Holy Spirit full reign in our lives, we are saying 'yes' to God's peace. What a gift this is for all to accept!

I'm not gonna be afraid
'Cause these waves are only waves
I'm not gonna be afraid
No, I'm not gonna be afraid
And I'm not gonna fear the storm
You are greater than its roar
Oh, I'm not gonna fear the storm
No, I'm not gonna fear at all

Peace be still
Say the word and I will
Set my feet upon the sea
Till I'm dancing in the deep
Peace be still
You are here so it is well
Even when my eyes can't see
I will trust the voice that speaks

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for being with me as I met with the General Contractor yesterday! Thank You for giving me Your attitude and words for the meeting! Thank You for my sister Linda having a good appointment yesterday! Thank You for my visits with Terri and Kayla! Thank You for Joyce and the way she is allowing You to be used through her! Thank You for the confirmation of the restoration You are doing in my life! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way! I pray for Your peace over many who are going through difficult times. I pray for You to reveal to all what You desire to give us. I pray continued prayers for my friend Elizabeth. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: