Sunday, March 28, 2021

Lamentations 3 - "Keep Me In The Moment"/"New Today"



Woo hoo! Today is a new day! All that happened yesterday is in the past. What is ahead in this day will be God ordained when we allow Him to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life. Before going to bed, again during the night, and again this morning the Lord had me praying for pastors who are struggling with health issues in themselves and/or their spouse. He had me pray for them to lean into His strength instead of trying to do life on their own. Life can be challenging but it is not impossible. It can feel like nothing is going 'right' when in fact God is molding us into what He desires. I was thinking during the night about something my friend Angie said the other day. She said during this time of COVID she feels like her spiritual life has expanded greatly. She used the example of being like bread dough that is being stretched and kneading. I was thinking about this analogy. As we allow God to 'knead' us He will do exactly what is needed in our life to make us into what He desires. Sometimes He will stretch our faith through tough circumstances. Sometimes He will use health issues in ourselves or family members to make us realize we are not alone in this life. Sometimes He will open our eyes to new ways of doing life to make us realize something new He desires us to accomplish. Sometimes He will put people before us to give us new ideas that He desires us to experience in life. Sometimes. We must be ready to accept what 'sometimes' brings our way. We must be ready to accept what God wants to do in and through us. Once again I say today is a new day! Yesterday is gone and never will be again. Today is ahead and ready for us to live in the way God desires. Tomorrow is yet to be. Therefore, we must live in the moment. God brought to me the words to Jeremy Camp's song called "Keep Me In The Moment" and blessed me in abundance.

Singing, oh Lord keep me in the moment
Help me live with my eyes wide open
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Singing, oh Lord show me what matters
Throw away what I'm chasing after, 'cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)
Keep me in the moment, oh keep me in the moment
'Cause I don't wanna miss what You have for me (What You have for me)

When I wake up in the morning, Lord touch my heart
Don't let me stray, I just wanna stay where You are
All I got is one shot, one try, one go around in this beautiful life
Nothing is wasted when everything's placed in Your hands

Today is a new day! We all have the choice to make to live for God or to live for ourselves. There will be times throughout the day where the enemy will come chasing after us. We must be strong in our walk with the Lord so we do not give into the antics of the enemy. We must allow God to be who He desires to be in our lives so He can 'knead' us to be who He so desires. Woo hoo! May I remember the words to another song God has on my mind this morning. May I remember God has given me the day ahead to do His will. Once again, yesterday is no longer here and tomorrow is yet to be. I need to live in today and bask in God's presence.

Help me rise like the morning sun
Help me see that Your works not done
When I'm less than what I want to be
Lord, I need You to keep reminding me

Your mercies are new today
Your mercies are new today
I can rest on Your shoulders
There is grace to start over
Your mercies are new today


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and for the ones You will put before me today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for 'kneading' me into being the lady You so desire me to be! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts ooze out of me today in a mighty way. May what You gave me to preach be heard and pondered upon in a way that all our lives will be forever changed. Father, there was a reason You had me pray before going to sleep, in the night, and again this morning for pastors who are struggling with health issues in themselves and/or their spouses. I pray You will touch each pastor physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I pray we all will seek more of You as we go throughout the day ahead. May You be greater than anything the enemy tries to throw our way. May You shine brightly through our efforts to share You with others. Lord, thank You for being who You are in my life. Thank You for keeping me in Your arms! Thank You for all the ways You encourage me! Thank You for the people You put in my life! Thank You for my time with Sandy last night at the waterfront and for the texts from Marlene and Edie! What a treasure these friendships are to me! Thank You for the privilege to pray with one over the phone last night who was 'falling apart' with the circumstances of what life has given them! Thank You for giving me Your words when my words are not enough! Thank You for Rickey who encourages me so greatly through the 'good' and the 'tough' times of life! Thank You for the day ahead and all the ways You will use me as Your faithful servant! Father, this song says, I don't wanna miss what You have for me. Woo hoo! I do not want to miss anything You desire of me or for me today. I want to be the person You so desire me to be. I pray for strength in every aspect of my being today so I can shine brightly for You! Thank You Jesus for being My New Day! Amen.


No comments: