Sunday, March 7, 2021

Psalm 16 - "In The Secret"

The Lord took me to Psalm 16 this morning. This Psalm written by David is entitled "The Golden Secret" in The Passion Translation. "Engraved in gold" is a note in this translation. It reads:

Perhaps the most accepted translation of michtam is “engraved in gold.” This speaks of the divine nature engraved into our hearts by the Word. A new humanity is now stamped with God-life, engraved in his golden glory.

Woo hoo! David knew the 'secret' to living was found in God. He knew the way to live a life of abundance was in living in God's will. This particular Psalm is divided into three areas in The Passion Translation. My Protection. My Portion. My Praise. God is all of these to me. He protects me from things/people who try to harm me. He is my Perfect Portion of what I need in life. He is Who I praise every day. Matthew Henry wrote:

David declares his resolution to have no fellowship with the works of darkness; he repeats the solemn choice he had made of God for his portion and happiness, takes to himself the comfort of the choice, and gives God the glory of it. This is the language of a devout and pious soul.

I choose to live as David. I choose to allow God to be my Protection, Portion, and the One I Praise. I choose to live in "The Golden Secret" where He is in control of every aspect of my life. Before I went to bed last night I prayed for not only myself but for all pastors who will be preaching today to allow the Holy Spirit to speak through them. I prayed for all of us to be in relationship with Him so we do not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. I asked Him to reveal to us what He desired of us. I was awake three times during the night praying. Once was for a friend who had a serious health issue last night. Once was for another friend that is going through some major changes in life. Once was for pastors who were struggling with making right decisions. I am so thankful God uses me to be a prayer warrior in the area of intercessory prayer. It is such a privilege.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that You shower on me so much! Thank You for the opportunities of yesterday and the ones before me today! Thank You for the privilege to preach Your Word this morning! May we all gain Your insight from what is brought out from Your Word. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of me in a new, different way today. Lord, I pray for all pastors who will be preaching this morning to realize the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. I pray especially for: Rick McCartney as they go back to meeting in person and Steve Cecil who is preaching this morning. I also pray for my friend with a major health issue; another friend going through major changes in life; Daniel as Jean was admitted to the hospital; Nancy Métis; Pete and Delores; my sister Linda; Mr Gavin with his stitches; and Jay Jellison with the death of his father. Lord, give wisdom and direction to all of us. Thank You for my friend David Johnson that encourages me greatly and is always there to answer my 'pastor' questions! Thank You Jesus for being My Protection, My Portion, and the One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: