Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Psalm 61 - "Evidence"

The Lord took me to Psalm 61 this morning. As I read it in different versions, I was amazed at how God knows exactly what we need and provides. Verse two in The Passion Translation reads:  When I’m feeble and overwhelmed by life,  guide me into your glory, where I am safe and sheltered. No matter what we go through on this earth He is always here for us. Woo hoo! As I think back over my life I am amazed at how God took me through many 'storms' over the last fifty-nine plus years. I had a conversation this week about all the exasperations with MS. There have been many over the last twenty-seven years. I forget about them most of the time but sometimes it is good to reflect on how God took me from the bed to the wheelchair to the walker to the cane and then back to walking on my own strength. It is good to reflect on the time my sight was taken for a couple weeks. It is good to reflect but I am thankful I do not have to stay in those memories. They are in the past. I am thankful for God's healing touch upon me. I am thankful for the ability to walk for exercise, drive where I need to go, etc. I am grateful for the capability to not just walk physically in God's will but to to do so emotionally, mentally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Psalm 61 reminds me of something He gave me a week or two ago. His wraparound presence is where I desire to bask. Verse three reads in The Passion TranslationLord, you are a paradise of protection to me. You lift me high above the fray. None of my foes can touch me when I’m held firmly in your wraparound presence! Woo hoo! I can sing the words to Josh Baldwin's song "Evidence" knowing I am living in His wraparound presence. I can sing these words knowing He desires me to live with Him 24/7. He desires me to not just hear His voice but to walk in obedience to Him.

I see the evidence of Your goodness
All over my life, all over my life
I see Your promises in fulfillment
All over my life, all over my life

Help me remember when I'm weak
Fear may come, but fear will leave
You lead my heart to victory
You are my strength and You always will be

God was with me In all the craziness of yesterday. When the phone would not stop ringing last night and my mind was racing, He was with me. Throughout the day as decisions were made, He was with me. When the enemy came knocking at my door trying to put doubts upon me, He was with me. Plain and simple. He was with me. Praise His Holy Name He will be with me in the day ahead too. Woo hoo! I do not have to fear anything but instead can stand on the knowledge that He will lead my heart to victory throughout this day. God won the victory on this earth when He had His son die for our sins and come back to life. That victory is not just for a select few but for all who will accept Him. Yesterday as I watched "War Room" again I was challenged to pray more. God reminded me of times where only a miracle could change a situation and it did through prayers. I do not think me watching it just happened. I believe God had a plan and I desire to seek what that plan is. I also do not think a phone call I received yesterday just happened. I had been seeking God's direction on making a call to someone but did not feel Him leading me to do so. Evidently, I missed something because this person called me so I knew what was on my heart was to be shared. God is so, so good. Even when we missed something He is there to move us in the direction He desires. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities to love on people yesterday with Your love and the opportunities ahead in this day! Thank You for the kind words from the cashier at Wal-Mart, the cards of encouragement I received in the mail yesterday from friends, time with Carol Young, a monetary blessing I received, hitting my step goal, watching the "War Room" again, conversation with my sister Linda...oh my, the list goes on and on of blessings You poured over me yesterday! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Thank You for answering my prayers for Sandy to have a safe trip to work when I received the weather alert during the night for fog! Thank You in advance for giving Beth and Bob safe travels today! Thank You for the phone call yesterday from one who I was praying about calling! You are so, so good! Lord, I pray for Your direction today as decisions will be made. I pray for Your empowerment when the enemy comes knocking. Thank You Jesus for being My Wrap Around Presence! Amen.

No comments: