Friday, March 19, 2021

Lamentations 3 - "Hills and Valleys"


As I reflect upon yesterday and look ahead to a new day, I am reminded of Tauren Wells song, Hills and Valleys and the words of Lamentations 3:22-27. Woo hoo! Yes! The title of Lamentations 3 in the New Living Testament is "Hope in the Lord's Faithfulness." I am so thankful to live in His hope and faithfulness! I am so blessed to have Him guide me through every day of my life. Yesterday when I walked into Carrington's and heard Miss Lilly say, "Granny Sheila's home!" I was blessed in abundance. Spending time with her and Mr Grayson is such a blessing. Teaching them about God is an added bonus to me. I love our walks and talking about God's creation. When the clouds started rolling in and we had to go inside, cuddling with Miss Lilly in the recliner made my day! It was just what I needed to continue on with all that had to be done yesterday with running church errands, doctor appointment, etc. Driving through heavy rain was nasty but I was thankful I was close to home when it hit. Storms of life come in different ways. I talked with a friend who is going through a difficult storm right now. We prayed together and are seeking God's will for her situation. I talked with another friend who had a double praise from her day yesterday. We rejoiced together. I talked with another friend who continues to experience a painful time in her life with shingles and with another friend who is watching her aging father go through some difficult times and another friend with a family member they found more cancer in during surgery yesterday. I assured all of them I would continue to pray for their situations. Verses twenty-eight through thirty of Lamentations 3 in The Message reads:

When life is heavy and hard to take,
    go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions:
    Wait for hope to appear.
Don’t run from trouble. Take it full-face.
    The “worst” is never the worst.

Praise His Holy Name for these words that direct us on what to do when life becomes too heavy. When I got to the point last night that I felt like I could not continue on, I put my night shirt on and climbed under the covers. Then I realized I needed to eat so I got back up. After looking in the fridge and cupboards I settled on a pack of crackers because they did not take any energy to make or eat. After laying back down for a bit I had a sense in my spirit to look for a certain Bible. When I found it, there was a love letter Doc had written to me a few months before he died. I thought 'how much more emotional can this day get?!?!?!' Of course, the tears came but that was OK. We were blessed with a special love for the thirty plus years we were married. I am grateful for the memories we made and for 'gifts' such as this letter. Lamentation 3:31-33 speaks volumes in me. They read in The Message:

Why? Because the Master won’t ever
    walk out and fail to return.
If he works severely, he also works tenderly.
    His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.
He takes no pleasure in making life hard,
    in throwing roadblocks in the way:

Wow! ...works severely...works tenderly. Woo hoo! Praise God for Him being a loving God who is faithful through days like yesterday! I love the word picture of His stockpiles of loyal love are immense. He loved me through yesterday in ways no one else could. He put people and things in my path that were exactly what He knew I needed. Praise His Holy Name! I am one blessed lady!

On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes
To the One who sees me there

When I'm standing on the mountain
I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley
I know I am not alone!

You're God of the hi-hi-hills and valleys
Hi-hi-hills and valleys
God of the hi-hi-hills and valleys
And I am not alone

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my time with the Carrington's yesterday! Thank You for another good doctor appointment! Thank You for guiding me through the heavy rain and us not experiencing terrible weather! Thank You for the 'gift' of finding a love letter Doc wrote! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a powerful way. I continue to pray for: wisdom for a friend going through a nasty storm in life; my friends Elizabeth and Terri; Pete and Delores; Sharon Martin; Alison Zeigler as she seeks the home you desire for her; June Rogers; Jodi Ames; Gideon Brake; John Wagner with recuperation from surgery; and so many others. May You be their peace and victory over their circumstances. Thank You for the day ahead! I don't know that I will have any physical contact with anyone today but I know You can and will use me through phone calls, texts, social media, etc. I am so blessed by You and so thankful for You. Thank You for Rickey who talked me through a tough evening, made me laugh, and checked on me this morning! Thank You for the hug Miss Everly gave me yesterday evening! What a blessing You give me through people who care about me. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope and Faithfulness! Amen. 



No comments: