Sunday, February 28, 2021

Romans 12:1-2; Psalm 37:4-5 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

God blessed me with another great day and another Saturday night of praying for pastors. I prayed throughout the day for pastors (especially bi-vocational) who would be finishing up or perhaps even starting their sermon. Before going to bed I prayed for all pastors to be in relationship with Him where they will not only hear His Voice but walk in obedience to it. During the night I was awake a few times and each time prayed for pastors. The one time I prayed for a pastor who is caring for their spouse with cancer. Being a caretaker is rewarding but also very hard. There were a lot of things that were put off while I was caring for Doc. Ones like taking care of myself with doctor appointments, walking, etc. are ones I am getting caught up on now. Making doctor appointments knowing I will be going alone is not something I like to think about. I still have put off a couple I know I need to do just for that reason. He was always with me at appointments. God has continued to restore my soul throughout these last six months. Life is so different now compared to then. His peace was with me at the time of Doc's death but it has become so much greater. Praise His Holy Name! Yesterday I spent time with two couples. One is separated and it broke my heart to see them hurting. The other has a sound marriage and it made my heart happy to be with them. God has brought me a long way in this area. A few months ago, it was so hard to be around couples but now I'm at peace. I definitely do not want to live the rest of my life alone but I know God is in control of that. I know as I adhere to Romans 12:1-2 He will direct me to where I need to be and who I need to be with. The part in this Scripture that says, Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him is where I desire to live. I want to embrace His will so I can live in His will. He gave me the word expectation for 2021 and I am expecting Him to show me some awesome things. He has already done so as I am back walking. I am putting the effort to take care of myself and He is rewarding me with clear thinking, better physically, and a deeper walk with Him. I am putting the effort in my spiritual walk with more Bible study, my weekly time with two other lady pastors, and my sermon prep. He is blessing me with my walk with Him being more proclaimed. I am putting the effort in my personal relationships and He is rewarding me with deep friendships and people who love me. It is pretty evident the more effort I put into my life being as He desires, the more He will shine in and through me. Yesterday walking at Hunting Island was amazing. Once again as I felt the sun shining down on me I felt the Son shining down on me. I sat and listened to the waves and watched the dolphins play and became a bit emotional. I do not deserve this life that He has chosen to give me. Wow, God! I remember growing up in Orrville, Ohio and dreaming of visiting the ocean. I dreamt of one day living near the ocean. Fast forward to fifty-nine years later and here I am. Wow, God! I think of the verse in Psalms 37:4-5 which reads in The Passion Translation

Make God the utmost delight and pleasure of your life,
and He will provide for you what you desire the most.
Give God the right to direct your life,
and as you trust Him along the way
you’ll find he pulled it off perfectly!

Once again, wow God! He is so awesome in the way He blesses me down to even the smallest details. He has called me into unknown territories in so many ways over the last few months. He has continued to give me exactly what I need and for that I am grateful. He loves me so much and puts people in my life who show their love to me. Once again, I am grateful. I am reminded this morning of the words to Oceans (Where Feet May Fail).

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand 

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Dear Jesus, Thank You again for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for the blessing of praying for pastors during the night! Thank You for bringing some specific ones to my prayers! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray You will be heard through what You have given me to preach today. I pray the same for all preaching. As I prayed during the night, I pray for people to be open to what is preached and respond. Lord, I pray for all care takers to realize Your strength. I pray You will give them Your wisdom on making decisions for themselves and for those they are caring for. Father, thank You for giving me the word expectation for 2021. I continue to expect great things! Thank You for encouraging me to take better care of myself in all areas of life! I pray You will give me what I need to make two more doctor appointments. I also pray blessings over those who encourage me. Lord, I pray Your peace over: my friend with breathing issues who is hospitalized; Elizabeth; Mark and Lisa; two pastor friends struggling with cancer; Bonnie as they had Jerry's service yesterday; Bobbi who continues to watch Gary get closer to leaving this earth; and the many pastors struggling with financial issues in their church due to the pandemic. Lord, be greater than the hurts of the heart. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Embrace! Amen.

1 comment:

News Updates said...

your blog is informatics for me.i am appreciate your work. 5 oceans of the world is very unique content. This is a quick and easy set for learning the names of the oceans.